Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal

Old 11-29-2013, 03:50 AM
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸. ><(((º>

kien will become famous soon enoughkien will become famous soon enough

Actually, I did buy a couple of 1/144 scale gundams from Pheonix comics in Calgary once, and one from Chinook Hobby. Totally forgot about those places. I would be interested to hear about those dedicated places in Calgary though, as I have never been! I stopped collecting when I had kids (and started my current tank) a few years ago. I want to crack open open a box or two this winter break though. My son really likes them too, except that I don't let him play with them.
Old 11-29-2013, 03:53 AM

gqlmao is on a distinguished road

They are all in china town. If you go into dragon city mall, go upstairs and there will be in a small little shop. The shop is glass on 3 sides? You can't miss it, it has gundam boxes and anime figures pretty much on the glass wall. That one has a lot of models.

I go to another one across the street (across from dragon city parking lot) its called Far East Shopping Centre, its in a little strip mall and inside there are two shops that sell them. I go to the one with the old couple running it, they usually have slightly better prices and I hagel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kien View Post
Which store in calgary do you get yours from Stanley? I've never bought any in Calgary. I got all mine online from eBay or http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/default.aspx
Old 11-29-2013, 04:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gqlmao View Post
They are all in china town. If you go into dragon city mall, go upstairs and there will be in a small little shop. The shop is glass on 3 sides? You can't miss it, it has gundam boxes and anime figures pretty much on the glass wall. That one has a lot of models.

I go to another one across the street (across from dragon city parking lot) its called Far East Shopping Centre, its in a little strip mall and inside there are two shops that sell them. I go to the one with the old couple running it, they usually have slightly better prices and I hagel.
awesome things! Will have to make a trip this weekend just for kicks. I've been re-watching Gundam Seed these past few days.
Old 11-29-2013, 04:13 AM

Your welcome, they are so fragile, I am sure when he gets older he will appreciate them and build them. Honestly I stopped watching after gundam seed, they cried too much... I heard gundam 00 and unicorn was good but I just never gave them a chance.You should give Code Geass a try, it has mechs and makes you think just like Death Note.
Old 11-29-2013, 04:24 AM

Quote:
Your welcome, they are so fragile, I am sure when he gets older he will appreciate them and build them. Honestly I stopped watching after gundam seed, they cried too much... I heard gundam 00 and unicorn was good but I just never gave them a chance.You should give Code Geass a try, it has mechs and makes you think just like Death Note.
Anything like Evangelion? I'll have to look them up. I have all the EVAs too
Old 11-29-2013, 04:30 AM

Lol, I don't like Evangelion, such an apocalyptic anime and the ending ruined it for me. I don't think there is any similar ones of that genre in terms of mech. I do however think the EVA models are very cool and unique, especially the bigger perfect grades. Have a look on myanimelist and see the list of for mech anime.

Quote:
Anything like Evangelion? I'll have to look them up. I have all the EVAs too
Old 11-29-2013, 04:50 AM

Quote:
Lol, I don't like Evangelion, such an apocalyptic anime and the ending ruined it for me. I don't think there is any similar ones of that genre in terms of mech. I do however think the EVA models are very cool and unique, especially the bigger perfect grades. Have a look on myanimelist and see the list of for mech anime.
Evangelion was weird. I only liked maybe half the stories. The ending was the ultimate in weirdness. I just liked the EVA battles.
Old 11-29-2013, 05:59 AM

Acrowhora is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Evangelion was weird. I only liked maybe half the stories. The ending was the ultimate in weirdness. I just liked the EVA battles.
I never did like Evangelion.i only watched it for the battles.you guys watch Naruto or bleach?
Old 11-29-2013, 06:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acrowhora View Post
I never did like Evangelion.i only watched it for the battles.you guys watch Naruto or bleach?
Nope.
Old 11-29-2013, 06:12 AM

Acrowhora is on a distinguished road

You should give em a go Kien.its a good break from giant robots and stuff.those two are really good anime.just as good as DBZ,Akira,and Ninja Scroll.