Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-31-2013, 04:29 AM

mrhasan is on a distinguished road
Default Worst decision I have made for this hobby!

So I am shifting to a new place but there's a 10 day gap between the time I have to leave (31st Aug) the old house and the availability of the new house (10th Sept; because of renovation). Shifting my stuffs wasn't a big issue but shifting the 70 gallon tank + sump + rocks + livestock + equipment have been the worst nightmare for me! I shouldn't have got the 70 gallon tank. SHOULDNT HAVE! My two brother-in-laws brought their SUV and van to help me move. They have been more than helpful (even more is understatement) with gallons of water filled with smelly corals in their wheels. I was so freaking tired that I didn't go with them to get the corals in a tub that I have set in my brother-in-law's house (will be staying there for 10 days). They were concerned about my corals and all I said was "I really don't care about them at this point anymore; if they die, let them be". Again I will have to repack and move everything to the new place after 10 days. Fill up the tank, mix salt, blah blah blah. He kept the corals in the boxes in his garage (possibly) and unluckily, tonight is cold over here in Calgary. I am seriously cursing myself for getting this big tank. Seriously

Lets hope for the best and see how things go. I will possibly have to start recollecting pieces from reefers

Oh well, there are bigger craps in life than a tank but then again, this tank is just too much...........

You wouldn't want to see my tank. I don't use fancy equipment and I am a noob