Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal

Old 07-08-2014, 01:48 AM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug View Post

Could always do the drywall and hire someone to tape and mud. In the end it will be nice.
That's where it all went wrong Drywall was the easy part, it's the (not) taping and mudding that gets ugly.
Old 07-08-2014, 04:57 AM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Delphinus

Ooops? Man I suddenly feel a LOT better about how my builds usually go. :-)

I second the notion of just getting up the drywall yourself, and then maybe look on kijiji for a drywall guy to do your taping/mudding/sanding... It's one of the least rewarding things to DIY!!
Old 07-08-2014, 06:06 PM

TimT is on a distinguished road

Sanding drywall mud is one of my most hated jobs. I avoid it whenever possible!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquattro
it's the (not) taping and mudding that gets ugly.
Did they not tell you that's why they invented corner and crown moulding. ;^P

Another option is beadboard which comes in 4 x 8 sheets. Paint it with a good oil based paint and you should be good to go.

For filling nail/screw holes in drywall with out making a sanding mess you can always use a damp towel on a sanding block. If you don't overdo the mud it works great and no dust.
Old 07-09-2014, 06:38 AM

StirCrazy is on a distinguished road

take a pic of the area and send it to me to look at brad. contractor is going to make dust also, there are ways to keep dust down.

Steve
*everything said above is just my opinion, and may or may not reflect the views of this BBS, its Operators, and its Members. If cornered on any “opinion” I post I will totally deny having ever said this in a Court of Law…Unless I am the right one*

Some strive to be perfect.... I just strive.
Old 07-09-2014, 12:57 PM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

With this heat, my priority is now getting the tank in place so I can get the chiller connected. Elise is away again in August so the wall will have to wait until then.
Old 07-09-2014, 01:34 PM

daplatapus is on a distinguished road

If you can wait till Aug, I may be able to run down and fix it for ya.
Old 07-09-2014, 01:35 PM
Just a guy..

Quote:
Originally Posted by daplatapus View Post
If you can wait till Aug, I may be able to run down and fix it for ya.
How does Aug 8 -10 work for ya?
Old 07-09-2014, 01:38 PM

daplatapus is on a distinguished road

I can probably make that work. I have a buddy who lives like 2 blocks from ya that we always stay at when we're in Vic. Give me a day or two to confirm the schedule.
Old 07-09-2014, 01:40 PM
Just a guy..

Thanks Dom
Old 07-10-2014, 02:24 AM
Just a guy..

Tank has been running hot, so added a fan last night. That seems to help, but I'm taking the day off Friday so I can plumb my chiller to the new location. RO line has to follow, and a bit of paint on that wall will mean I can move the tank into place over the weekend. I hope.

Notice some of my frags browning out, not sure if it's the reduced photo period or too much light, but I'll give it time to see. Slowly ramping up time, but have to be careful of ramping up the heat as well.

Thinking of building a matching side cabinet to house the Ca reactor and electrical bits, unless I can find a prebuilt something that kind of matches.

Turns out I own a label maker, so after 15 years of reefs, I'm going to label all my cords. lol