Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > New to the Hobby

Old 08-06-2014, 11:56 PM

MarieH is on a distinguished road

I bought an aquasafe ro/di unit and a kitchen faucet converter. I just plug into the kitchen faucet. One line down the drain, one to the litchen tap and one to my bucket. It takes about 30 minutes to make 5 gallons. free tds meter too. Easy to set up. No drilling pipes. aquasafe.com (free shipping)
Old 08-15-2014, 07:15 PM

reefmandan is on a distinguished road

I couldn't see that filter producing quality water (if it even can) for very long. You can get faucet or hose attachments for the inlet on an RODI unit, and so you basically screw on the adapter and hook up the unit. Then when you're done you can just tuck the unit away somewhere. You can also get RO water from Superstore (at least where I am)
Old 09-11-2014, 01:51 AM

TSwizzy is on a distinguished road

http://www.jlaquatics.com/product/ro...t+Adapter.html

There ya go that will work
Old 09-14-2014, 05:44 PM

Nicole. is on a distinguished road

I am finally jumping onto the RO/DI water train and ordered a unit a few days ago. I didn't do it sooner because I also didn't want it connected to my sink. Turns out you can get a faucet adapter that will hook up to the outlet of your faucet. There is also a garden hose adapter. Wish I knew this sooner. Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewerman45 View Post
I have a 47 gallon tank that I finally have all plumbed and ready to go. I need to figure out the best way to do water. Is there some kind of RODI unit that doesn't need to be plumbed in? Are those tap filters decent? Something like this?

Any tips or suggestions this way would be great! Thanks.

James
Old 09-17-2014, 08:31 AM
Thinks he can get Mods fired

acepumping is on a distinguished road

If you don't want to plumb a rodi unit. You can buy the water or use a product called prime :/ to be honest. Ro/di is by far the best
Old 10-01-2014, 07:08 PM

SaltyDog143 is on a distinguished road

I purchased an RODI unit used from a guy and he had it mounted to a piece of plywood, move it into place fill up your water, then unhook and put it away, easy....I am actuLly considering hooking it up semi-permenantly in my laundry room for ease of use, and I have the extra space in there to boot.

good luck
Randy
Old 10-25-2014, 04:14 AM

jordanc_17 is on a distinguished road

My RO/DI from Bulk Reef Supply came with an attachment that lets you screw it onto a standard faucet. No plumbing required
Old 11-02-2014, 07:05 PM

reefmandan is on a distinguished road

You can get RODI units fairly cheap, and they don't need to be permanently installed. You can get adapters that screw into your faucet, so you can store it, and then take it out and use it when you need. I can't see that tap water filter working nearly as well as a proper RODI system, but it's better than nothing. On a tank your size, you could probably get away with weekly five gallon water changes, depending on your bioload. If that's the case, most Superstores sell RO water, and so you could just fill one jug every week and make do with that.