Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 11-01-2010, 05:24 PM

zum14 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueWorldAquatic View Post
We had about 20 kids. Had to work later in the night, so I thought we try something and left a stack of candy out with a sighn to help themselves but save some for others.

We were quite amused by the the result, we expected one kid to clean us out, but that didn't happen. More than anything, they were paranoid that someone was going to jump out on them, was funny as hell watching them looking over their shoulders.

Ken
We get guys doing that here, sitting on there deck as the scarecrow. Pretty funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsBugmaster View Post
I lost count, but I know it was over 400. This neighborhood always get lots of trick or treaters. The adult trick or treaters with pillow cases so full they can hardly carry it is what makes me upset. Sereral kids without any costumes and pillow cases full of candy too. About 50 /50 on the thank you's.
Ahhh. I knew there had to be someone worse. Jeeze..400...We barely closed our door. It must of been a steady lineup at your house.

"Nah, unless they got any big, giant robot camels I think were ok."

"Ah.....Jim.......robot camels"
Old 11-01-2010, 05:26 PM

Lance is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by phi delt reefer View Post
Damn kids get lazier every year I tell ya! I remember going out in a snow suit and a mask cause it snowed and still got two pillow cases. No dedication these days...tsk tsk.

I don't know. I remember when I was a kid there was a huge trailer park up the street: easy pickings. We'd wear one mask and leave another in our trick-or-treat bag. Make the rounds with one mask and then change to the other and fill our bags in no time.
Old 11-01-2010, 06:19 PM

MrsBugmaster is on a distinguished road

Ahhh. I knew there had to be someone worse. Jeeze..400...We barely closed our door. It must of been a steady lineup at your house.[/quote]

Yeah, steady stream and plus they started coming at 3:30 in the afternoon. That is crazy, they should wait till at least 5 or 5:30 IMO. I finally shut my lights off at 8:30, but there were still plenty of kids out there.
Old 11-01-2010, 06:25 PM

michika is on a distinguished road

I avoided it all because I got to work. Although one neighbour says they got at least 250kids.
Old 11-01-2010, 06:59 PM

Trabby is on a distinguished road

Well I have to say any Halloween where we have not had to shovel yet is a good one! The weather was great so I expected more than the 3 kids we had. I did however leave candy on my step when we went out.... It was gone when we returned. My 3 kids had a blast!! Not huge amounts of kids out though which I found surprizing. Highlight on the evening was definately when a guy dressed as Freddy scared the crap out of my two youngest!! Roflmao!!! They got pretty close to check it out and b4 I could say anything they were nearly wetting their pants. we don't trick or treat at the mall because it is a massive waste of time not to mention a total gong show.
Old 11-03-2010, 09:02 AM

Funky_Fish14 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Funky_Fish14

Im surprised at how many kids DONT say thank-you anymore nowadays, for anything really, but it is quite noticeable when getting trick-or-treaters.

Didnt see anyone not dressed up and no older kids in the area I was giving candy out (in west edmonton). I think there were about 40-50?
Old 11-06-2010, 05:31 PM

cwatkins is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funky_Fish14 View Post
Im surprised at how many kids DONT say thank-you anymore nowadays, for anything really, but it is quite noticeable when getting trick-or-treaters.
+1 I noticed this too. We had about 160-ish kids in cloverdale.