Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 01-29-2013, 12:31 AM

burge1234 is on a distinguished road

Ol physics book. Bloody auto correct
Old 01-29-2013, 03:30 AM

StirCrazy is on a distinguished road

Personly, not my cup of tea. Why would you want to look through yet another pain of glass.... the only time i have been a fan of this is when conecting two different tanks as i did many moons ago with fresh water. I basicly used two 49 gal tanks side by side and used 4" acrylic pipe in a "U" shape to conect them. And yes fish would swim through the pipe.

Steve
*everything said above is just my opinion, and may or may not reflect the views of this BBS, its Operators, and its Members. If cornered on any “opinion” I post I will totally deny having ever said this in a Court of Law…Unless I am the right one*

Some strive to be perfect.... I just strive.
Old 01-29-2013, 03:34 AM

No comment
Old 01-29-2013, 04:21 AM
Banned

Salt2Death is on a distinguished road

Too many negative comments! I can't understand why, is this not a hobby that should embrace ingenuity? Ideas like this should excite us not incite a forum riot..... Like school yard bully's picking on the new kid- it's a new idea and its really neat.
Bottom line, I would never built it but I will take the time to follow along and enjoy this build as I have watching many others.
Good Luck Man- It's A Cool Idea

Sent Via The Pirate Ship...
Old 01-29-2013, 04:27 AM

somewherebeyondthesea is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salt2Death View Post
Too many negative comments! I can't understand why, is this not a hobby that should embrace ingenuity? Ideas like this should excite us not incite a forum riot..... Like school yard bully's picking on the new kid- it's a new idea and its really neat.
Bottom line, I would never built it but I will take the time to follow along and enjoy this build as I have watching many others.
Good Luck Man- It's A Cool Idea

Sent Via The Pirate Ship...
+1
Old 01-29-2013, 04:42 AM

Thanks!! I was going to stop posting because of this. I can understand that this is not for everyone. Low and behold personal taste. What Im not understanding is the comments towards the problems with this tank. It's like they are just out to cut other people's designs and ideas down. Like the guy who said they can't have sumps.... Why not? I have mine hooked up no problem. They can't ask if it can have a sump they tell me. Or tell me that mine leaks worst lol. Never heard of a tank that's a more of a leak proof design. Let me ask you guys something. Do you own one? Cause I do. And all the problems you name off I'm not having.. It's actually been super easy to take care of. Alot better than I thought it would be and I haven't even built the upper tank that will make maintenance even easier. And look 10x better. So with the problems you guys seem to think it has you best stick with reefing and away from engineering
Old 01-29-2013, 05:26 AM

lockrookie is on a distinguished road

Don't take the negativity to heart it is an interesting design as for my comments where only made to help for back ups to the back ups in case of the worst. Trust me my tanks are not "to code" sort of speak concidering my returns are half way down the tank one oops and I have half my tank water on the floor. It may seem critical towards your design but as I stated I e thought of it and now I'm going to see how it works through you concidering the wife will kill me if I tried.

Do what you do and have fun in the end that is what it's all about

Gonna return to my lurking now

50g custom daycare tank...
http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=65428
Old 01-30-2013, 07:07 PM

mandyplo is on a distinguished road

Lol why would anyone want to do this in their home? Seems like bad news bears.... Ill advised.
Old 01-30-2013, 07:29 PM

somewherebeyondthesea is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by burge1234 View Post
Thanks!! I was going to stop posting because of this. I can understand that this is not for everyone. Low and behold personal taste. What Im not understanding is the comments towards the problems with this tank. It's like they are just out to cut other people's designs and ideas down. Like the guy who said they can't have sumps.... Why not? I have mine hooked up no problem. They can't ask if it can have a sump they tell me. Or tell me that mine leaks worst lol. Never heard of a tank that's a more of a leak proof design. Let me ask you guys something. Do you own one? Cause I do. And all the problems you name off I'm not having.. It's actually been super easy to take care of. Alot better than I thought it would be and I haven't even built the upper tank that will make maintenance even easier. And look 10x better. So with the problems you guys seem to think it has you best stick with reefing and away from engineering

Go hard buddy! Haters gonna hate!
Old 01-30-2013, 07:59 PM
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸. ><(((º>

kien will become famous soon enoughkien will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by burge1234 View Post

It's human nature. People are afraid of what they do not understand

Less chatter more pictures!

Tags
alberta, aquarium, calagry, concept, open bottom