Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Buy/Sell/Trade > Buy/Sell/Trade (Aquatics hardware related only)

Old 02-04-2010, 01:47 AM

Douglas is on a distinguished road

What's up Doug? Sorry to hear your thinking of getting out Doug. Hope everything works out for you. Message me if you ever need any help. Your Friend, Doug

Last edited by Douglas; 02-04-2010 at 04:30 AM.
Old 02-04-2010, 03:05 AM
Banned

Leah is on a distinguished road

Doug

I would really like to talk to you before you decide anything.

Leah
Old 02-04-2010, 03:47 AM

es355lucille is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to es355lucille

+1 - Doug you have always been there to help for a lot of us, and have helped many on this board and at the store. You can tell by everyones comments that they care very much for you. Take some time and think this through......give yourself some time. Then if its the right thing to do....then you will know.

Take Care, Brad & Sharon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmen View Post
I am very sad to hear this Doug and I hope you've considered ALL options before you do this....

http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=51996

Photobucket
Old 02-04-2010, 03:51 AM

Carmen is on a distinguished road

Doug is not upgrading.

45 Gallon Cube with 10 Gallon Sump, Lighting 8 bulb T5, Vertex IN 80 Skimmer
-2 Occelaris Clowns, Engineer Goby, RBTA, Peppermint Shrimp
Old 02-04-2010, 03:52 AM

MikeP is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by globaldesigns View Post
ok doug!!!! Explain yourself????
Yeah, what he said

Old 02-04-2010, 05:38 AM

lobsterboy is on a distinguished road

whats up Doug? come on off it. I was thinking the same thing, but I tottaly would have regreted it.
Old 02-04-2010, 01:08 PM

fishytime will become famous soon enough

OK guys heres the short version........The g/f and I have split up (been a long time coming)....Now under normal circumstances I would be able to make some changes to some spending habits and probably be able to stay where Im at, but Im in construction and my work will run out in a couple weeks(and no work in the near future)...... I cant move out because Im locked into a lease until the end of April....the whole situation has forced me into making some pretty tough decisions.....

I thought selling the tank was gonna be my only option....... I was wrong.......you guys are amazing.......the outpouring of support and well wishes and offers for help, here in this thread, in PMs and by phone calls have left me both stunned and moved.....I wholeheartedly thank everyone who has posted here, pmed and called

You guys have given me lots to think about.....Im not sure if the offers for help will pan out or not so I still may have to continue with the sale....I wanna apologize to the peeps that have showed interest in buying the tank....."sorry for the dangle".....Bluetang3, you will be the first to know if I decide to go ahead with the sale.....
260g mixed reef, 105g sump, water blaster 7000 return, Bubble King SM 300 skimmer, Aqua Controller Jr, 4 radions, 3 Tunze 6055s,1 tunze 6065, 2 Vortech MP40s, Vortech MP20, Tunze ATO, GHL SA2 doser, 2 TLF reactors (1 carbon, 1 rowa). http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=50034 . Tank Video here http://www.vimeo.com/2304609 and here http://www.vimeo.com/16591694
Old 02-04-2010, 09:16 PM

Coleus is on a distinguished road

Sorry to hear that your gf and you split up but It is SO good to hear that you are going to keep the tank.

Good luck with whatever you are facing. $4000 for this setup is a bargain. I hope things will turn out better for you soon.

Anyone needs help with construction works should give Doug a call.
Old 02-04-2010, 09:40 PM

my2rotties is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to my2rotties Send a message via Yahoo to my2rotties

We are in construction too (tile), and have suffered greatly due to the economy. I considered shutting my tank down too, not long ago.

However, things are turning around slowly and the work is starting to come. It is sparse still, but some work is better then none a tall. December/January were horrible but this month is better and next month is almost bearable for future work. Since we are in the finishing stages of new home construction, we are waiting for houses to get to where we can get in. Right now I see scores of homes in framing right now, which is promising.

It's just a matter of hanging by a quickly fraying thread, waiting for everyoe to be ready for us now...
Old 02-04-2010, 10:22 PM

freezetyle is on a distinguished road

Glad your hanging in there Doug. You know your a gem in the community when after only 2 days your post has been viewed over 1500 times. Do what is best for you, and if you need help im sure there are plenty of people will to jump in there for you.