Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-07-2016, 07:45 PM

SanguinesDream is on a distinguished road
Default How to transition between a softie to LPS to SPS tank?

As I master....hahahahahaha, who am I kidding? Err, as I improve my humble reef keeping skills, I set my sights onto the next level of critters and their increasingly difficult challenges that come with keeping them alive and eventually thriving.

Lately, those pretty sticks that vendors charge mucho bueno donaros for, aren't dying or staying that lovely hue of oatmeal that brownapora assumes in a tank without the required environment. Much to my surprise, they are growing and even more surprising, coloring up into beautiful blues, purples and greens. Cool!

Now I need to start phasing out my softies lest they poison the pretty sticks. What softies and LPS can coexist with the pretty sticks? I have some beautiful mushroom covered rocks, xenia that I can't kill (go figure), a gorgeous favia brain, aussie duncans, a couple of maxi minis, several zoa colonies and a trachy but have sold off anything that has long sweeper tentacles as the sps out compete the others for real estate.

What do you keep and what do you sell off as you transition to a sps dominant tank?