Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Vendor Forums > Aqua Digital > GHL Profilux Info & Support

Old 12-07-2010, 03:47 AM

Newbies is on a distinguished road
Default PIII controller iPhone app

Not sure if this is the right place to place this but I'm looking for people with experience sucessfully setting up thier PIII controller/data logger. Im using a Windows xp based PC with an ether net cable connected to a Telus smart hub 3G router and the newest version of the Iphone PIII controller app. on a iPhone 3Gs. I'm not the best computer skinner but have found the IP on the Profilux, entered it on the Marinmad web site and all my other info and when I try the Data logger program on the computer all it says is invalid credentials. When I try to connect via the iPhone app all it says is loading untill it kicks me out due to timing out. I hope someone out there has something for me to try as I'm getting really frustrated. Thanks in advance for the help
Old 12-07-2010, 04:51 AM

Interior_Reef is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Interior_Reef

you will only be able to control it while the iphone is on the same wifi network. unless of course you have the profilux setup with an external IP address.

you will first have to log into the profilux with the usb cable and go to system. then you will see LAN card. check the properties to make sure the User and pass are correct. then also in there use ensure the IP address is correct. its best to setup a dhcp reservation in the router so the P3 always has the same IP address.

i have mine working on my ipod, ipad and iphone4.

its a really neat feature. although the apps are a little pricey.
Old 12-07-2010, 05:13 PM

Newbies is on a distinguished road

Do I need to use the USB or can I hook up thru the RS232 cable instead as that is how I currently have it run? When I get into the System menu how do I get to the Lan card and how do I find the passwords setting. Also for setting up an external IP how do I go about this. Thanks SO MUCH for the help.
Old 12-07-2010, 06:15 PM

Interior_Reef is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Interior_Reef

You can use the aerial cable too.

Pm me your contact info and I will try to reach u tonight and walk you through it
Follow us on Facebook aswell!