Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal

Old 03-27-2012, 03:25 AM

Madmak is on a distinguished road

Sounds cool!

What ideas do you have on water changes? I'm looking to set up a way to make them really easy as well.

A 40 or 50G mixing tank would work fine for me. It also needs to be remote in another room. Im thinking a ball valve on my closed loop manifold through a meter to a drain. Then a transfer pump from the mixing tank back to the DT. RODI feeds the mixing tank and the sump float.

I'll keep an eye on this thread.
Old 03-27-2012, 03:31 AM

cuz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madmak View Post
Sounds cool!

What ideas do you have on water changes? I'm looking to set up a way to make them really easy as well.

A 40 or 50G mixing tank would work fine for me. It also needs to be remote in another room. Im thinking a ball valve on my closed loop manifold through a meter to a drain. Then a transfer pump from the mixing tank back to the DT. RODI feeds the mixing tank and the sump float.

I'll keep an eye on this thread.
something very similar, I'd like 2-100g drums, One for Ro/Di the other for mixing under it. (gravity fed as needed) then pumed from the mixed barrel to the sump as needed.
Ideally I'd like larger just in case but realistically don't think it'll happed. Having 100g mixed ready to go isn't even a 20% WC!!