Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 11-28-2015, 09:56 PM

Roskoreef is on a distinguished road

stn seems to be a separate issue. Only some are affected and some are recovering, but most that have started have met their doom, with the exeption of some frags that have survived so far.
Old 11-28-2015, 11:27 PM

GoFish is on a distinguished road

That explains it eh?! What if you brought a piece of your living/dying coral into a vet? Wouldn't they have a little leeway in the law to treat it with some documentation brought in? You could give it a name... Here's my little pet Acro named "Strawberry Shortcake" can you prescribe it some meds??
It's a living pet in theory. It may get you some sentinel before it could be shipped by anyone that's offered to help from afar...
The purple things look like flatworms, maybe a dose of flatworm exit and sentinel, one two punch

Good luck

Sweet pics BTW
Old 11-28-2015, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancity View Post
That explains it eh?! What if you brought a piece of your living/dying coral into a vet? Wouldn't they have a little leeway in the law to treat it with some documentation brought in? You could give it a name... Here's my little pet Acro named "Strawberry Shortcake" can you prescribe it some meds??
It's a living pet in theory. It may get you some sentinel before it could be shipped by anyone that's offered to help from afar...
The purple things look like flatworms, maybe a dose of flatworm exit and sentinel, one two punch

Good luck

Sweet pics BTW
after some persuasion that is exactly what the avion and exotic vet in calgary said, if i brought in a frag even... BUT it would be the same as any other consult at a vet, 95$ plus the sentinel, prob 60$, im hoping to just pay someone 25-30$ per large pill and maybe like 18$ for overnight post.
Old 11-29-2015, 12:36 AM

Ryanerickson is on a distinguished road

Bottom pic looks like a flatworm of some type aefw are usually on skin hope it's not them for your sake
Old 11-29-2015, 01:42 AM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanerickson View Post
Bottom pic looks like a flatworm of some type aefw are usually on skin hope it's not them for your sake
AEFW eggs are in clusters, and a bit different in color. Those flat worms are not AE ones (the bluish ones).
Old 12-02-2015, 01:57 AM

ok did a dose of flatworm exit today and no flatworms that i could see at all.. added the extra 50% and nothing.. those little purple bugs are munchin away at certain acros..i have no clue what they are... still on the hunt for sentinel
Old 12-02-2015, 03:57 PM

madkeenreefer is on a distinguished road

Thoes bite markes sure do look like typical AEFW to me.
Old 12-27-2015, 06:29 PM
Follows the rules!

Coasting is on a distinguished road

You'll be happy to know that the company who acquired sentinel in Canada is now trying to bring back Interceptor as well. So not just the americans will get it now. Sometime in 2016 Mid to late year potentially. But for now, either go to the states or find some sentinel.