Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Vendor Forums > Aqua Digital

Old 12-24-2010, 01:57 PM

gucci17 is on a distinguished road

Available late jan? I need a skimmer soon!
Old 12-24-2010, 02:02 PM

Aqua-Digital is on a distinguished road

well we do have some pre release units.

As always we offer a few demos in return for a full review that both clients and dealers can use to assess the product before investment, its a policy we have always had and it works well for both dealer and client.

So drop me an email then we can see if you wish to be part of the Aqua Digital review team.

Please only email - sales@aqua-digital.com
Old 12-24-2010, 03:02 PM

gucci17 is on a distinguished road

I sent you an email!
Old 04-20-2011, 02:11 AM

As the North American distributorrs of Pacific Sun the time has come to make the switch from Ai to Pacific Sun, it was a natural progression really. The Ai's have served me well but its time to get some PWM control going and play with some XM power.

So my first forray is connecting up the Profilux to the Pacific Sun slave 160w . This runs 3 X-PG LED's at 125 degree natural LED spread, (I will have fun with the XM's when released) with no optics I am not having to play around with heights so much to avoid the spotting effect, it also gives me massive coverage from one single fixture.

For now I am leaving the Ai's firmly in place and have adopted cheekly the Ai over tank stand as a test rig for the Black Python.

Here are some intial photos. I will talk more about set up tomorrow.

Old 04-20-2011, 06:29 PM

An update from last night Heath Robinson affair over the tank!

The Pacific Sun Black Python is not installed on the over tank hangers I used for the AI. They still need moving to the right position but excitement to get this in place took over from looks, however my wife will have that changed by the weekend!

So before I bore you with photos you really dont want to see my first impressions!

The whites are insane white, so crisp, I am seeing things I never saw before, but the biggest benefit is the amazing depth of light, this thing casts no shadows, where as before I needed two AI's I only need one Black Python and even that in all honesty is too much.

The BP has 3 LED colours all independantly controllable either from the Paciic sun software or for far greater control hooked up to the GHL Profilux as I have.

The Blues are very strong, I would even go as far as saying at 100% bordering on purple, so much so I only have the at 25% max and have about 12-14K of light whish is what I prefer, i am not a fan of artificial blue looking tanks.

The white is dialed right up to 80% but this is more due to my corals being used to the Ai, but to get even this close of white I had to run the AI at 100%

The moonlight for two little LEDs cast no dark areas and are also very powerful, you could mix these with your actinic blues for a more complex look if blue is your thing.

The overall look is far more pleasing also, the colours blend I no longer have blues and whites dnacing on the sand bed, and no more shadows, full tank coverage.

There is zero loss of brightness either at 24", but I would not expect this as we have these sitting on a 6' deep tank all be it with optics but thats more due to the sahpe of the tank than the depth.

Price point - well for the slave which will do a 36" square tank you are looking at for the slave $1,399 and the Master that cant run off the profilux but has built in Blue toth controller to work with your PC is $1,599

And for anyone who says you cant grow SPS under LED or cant get colour....

Old 04-20-2011, 07:17 PM

DAVE is on a distinguished road

Looks incredible!

Very nice Michael.
Old 04-21-2011, 02:06 PM

Black Python photos

ROTATING IMAGE PLEASE WAIT FOR IMAGE TO CHANGE

Marketing info -
The Pacific Sun Black Python Series Master & Slave Units are our most popular line and the Models that started it all. Powered by CREE XP-G , the highest quality LED chips and available in both 3W and 5W versions(Anniversary Edition) , these modular units bring power, elegance and efficiency to the Home Aquarium.

The Black Python Master is the controlling unit which programs and sends all commands to each modular Slave unit. Using modern wireless Bluetooth Technology, the PC-based Software gives the user the ability to set Sunrise and Sunset Duration and Time, 28 day Lunar Cycles and the intensity of the moonlight, controllable intensity and color temperature of the lighting as well as 40 custom user defined points of PAR Intensity throughout the photoperiod.

The Master/Slave units are stand alone pendant (or slaved to a master), and as such, can not be controlled by an external device such as a Profilux. If you are interested in using your profilux controller to operate these lights you ONLY require the less expensive slave unit, Master units can not be controlled by GHL, only Blue tooth link to the dedicated Pacific Sun software.

Master = Blue Tooth connected control through PC based software
Slave = add on to Master and stand alone using GHL Profilux controller

Each Black Python Modular Unit runs cool with controllable hi powered fans that lift the minimal amount of heat the diodes produce up and away from the water surface. This creates the most stable temperatures without the use of Chillers. Fans are extremally quit - only 17dBa on full power!

Black Python lamps are available in three versions:

- 110W - built on a series of LEDs CREE XP-E (based on 3W chips)
- 160W - built on a series of LEDs CREE XP-G and XP-E (based on 3W chips)
- 200W - built on a series of LEDs CREE XP-G and XP-E (Series 200W Anniversary Edition and Standard)(based on 3 and 5W chips)

Tank size and Module required based on up to 30" deep -

Up to 36" = 1 x 160w module
48" = 2 x modules
60-72" = 3 x modules

30" deep above = 200w version

PAR -

Old 05-16-2011, 07:22 PM

After the Crash

Ok so I guess most have now read about my tank crash, if not see here
http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=75372

This gave me time to do some much needed aqua scaping work and to give some very cramped colonies room to grow. Things have bounced back fast, nearly got params back in check and colours are really rebounding, of course as you can see in the picture I lost most my much fought over blue colours but I am starting to see a hint of blue.

First thing I did after the crash was add a dose of ProdiBio Start Up, this brought the water back to sparkling in 48 hours and no nutrient spikes. the skimmer went crazy for 5 days and is now back to tar like gunge.

here are some well earned pictures

Old 05-16-2011, 08:31 PM

DAVE is on a distinguished road

Glad to see your tank is recovering.
Old 05-16-2011, 08:57 PM

as in the other post linked above, I only lost weak or non colourful corals which was a huge relief, my green stag is recovering from over calcification (that was my fault different topic we wont dwell on here )

Now on hunt for extreme coloured birdsnest frag, I have Gareth at PR doing the rounds for me.