Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-20-2015, 02:09 PM

StirCrazy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike31154 View Post
What's the beef with micro breweries? They generally abide by the German purity law of 1516, restricting ingredients & no funky additives. Okanagan Spring brewery is my go to label when I run out of home brew. Most if not all their beer follows the 1516 law, they even have a beer named 1516. Besides that, it's a local Vernon brewery & I like to support my local businesses. It was one of the early entries in the craft brewing industry in BC. Sold to Sleeman of Ontario years ago which is now owned by Sapporo, Japan!
your the first person I know of that admits to drinking Okanagan springs

Seriously though Myka, be carful when looking at the micro breweries, most are not following the law of 1516 (which only Germany has to follow) as the latest trend is putting different stuff in beer, and than god because plain old pilsner is so darn, well just plain. and I am German from a very German family. I like the variety, and if your worried about what is in the beer, I think your worries are a little misplaced. your looking for bad things in alcohol, where the booze isn't the best thing for us anyways?

when looking at the micro breweries (which is where it is at) and there are so many good ones, which Okanagan springs isn't even close to being on the ranking list (sorry Mike) the stay to there pilsners. some will be more hoppy than others but if it is just a plain pilsner then there all pretty much the same. Phillips makes 78 which is there lightest beer. I myself have been indulging in big rock brewery lately, in the spring/summer they release purple gas (Saskatoon infused beer) I also like the black betty (blackberry infused) by Vancouver island brewery and Grandville island makes a raspberry ale. honey lagers pumpkin beer, lions winter ale, and on and on are the kinds of things that are making beer exciting. now they aren't for everyone, but if you see taster tables set up try them, or go on brewery tours to try some of them.

most important is to have fun with your beer

PS. I saw you talking about tester packs, most of the micro breweries will put out mixed packs, as long as your other half will drink what you don't like you can't go wrong with those haha that's how I started. Phillips has one, Big rock has one, and there are a few others I see out here all the time.

Steve
*everything said above is just my opinion, and may or may not reflect the views of this BBS, its Operators, and its Members. If cornered on any “opinion” I post I will totally deny having ever said this in a Court of Law…Unless I am the right one*

Some strive to be perfect.... I just strive.

Last edited by StirCrazy; 05-20-2015 at 02:13 PM.