Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Regional Forums > Alberta > Calgary

Old 12-19-2010, 04:19 PM

Magma is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishytime View Post
not true......I have personally seen with mine own two eyes a tank from there with frosting on the bottom pane
the sump I have from bow valley has a textured bottom pain almost like shower door glass...
Old 12-19-2010, 04:27 PM

Palmer is on a distinguished road

Too early to crack open a beer, coke zero will have to do.
Old 12-19-2010, 04:30 PM

Aqua Man is on a distinguished road

Nvm, my question was answered

Last edited by Aqua Man; 12-19-2010 at 04:34 PM.
Old 12-19-2010, 04:38 PM

chris121277 is on a distinguished road

IMO if you want a cheap tank and don't care about the finish, then by all means go ahead and use him.

But if you have spent months planning a tank, 3 weeks building a stand and want everything perfect......spend the extra bucks.

Especially if you live out of province and can't even check out the tank before it is delivered to your house....don't do it. I just think that they thought since it was being shipped to B.C. they could just slap it together get caulking smears all over the glass (inside and out) and it didn't matter because I wasn't going to re-crate it and spend another $150 to ship it back.
Old 12-19-2010, 04:43 PM

Sorry for ranting on your thread here....this is still a touchy subject with me....as you can probably tell.....lol
Old 12-19-2010, 04:44 PM

You can use a flat blade and scrape silicone off glass, I own a window, door, and siding company and we have scrape chaulking(glazing) smears all the time with a flat razor blade.

Corey
Old 12-19-2010, 04:52 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris121277 View Post
Sorry for ranting on your thread here....this is still a touchy subject with me....as you can probably tell.....lol
We understand you had a bad experience with them. I however did not. I imagine when you build as many tanks as they do; you are going to have a few manufacture defects. He has 5-6 employees, could have been made on a friday, could have been a rookie who made it... Regardless we are not really allowed to bash anyone on this site. You can tell us of your experiences, but just be careful as the moderaters are reading this too. I don't want to see anyone get banned this is a happy community.

But between us after reading your posts, I am going to explore all options if I get someone to build my next tank.

Corey
Old 12-19-2010, 04:58 PM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

As far as BV goes, there are threads here that go back 5 years commenting on the quality and service. All anyone has to do is use the search button and type in Bow Valley. Most aquarium boards have similar threads, search on BV or Inter-American.
As stated, please convey your experiences without any name calling, and hope that people in the market for tanks use the search function and do their homework.
Old 12-19-2010, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Man View Post
We understand you had a bad experience with them. I however did not. I imagine when you build as many tanks as they do; you are going to have a few manufacture defects. He has 5-6 employees, could have been made on a friday, could have been a rookie who made it... Regardless we are not really allowed to bash anyone on this site. You can tell us of your experiences, but just be careful as the moderaters are reading this too. I don't want to see anyone get banned this is a happy community.

But between us after reading your posts, I am going to explore all options if I get someone to build my next tank.

Corey
Thats why I apologized for ranting
Old 12-19-2010, 06:12 PM

Magma is on a distinguished road

Even after reading everyones comments on which company does it best or which looks nicer it all comes down to the simple question, how much am I willing to spend on 5 pieces of glass and some silicon? maybe some holes drilled as well?

prices ranges from $500-$1200 maybe even more as I havent called everywhere yet so how much am I willing to spend on the tank, thats not including pumps, skimmers, heaters, power heads, ATO, plumbing....