Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-24-2016, 05:55 PM

Jordon is on a distinguished road

I was actually reading this shortly before you posted!

Gimmicky would be if they were selling something, which it doesn't appear that they are at this time. So what would be in it for them exactly?

I think this is something I would try at night only, but would definitely wait for Mike's take on it when he posts his articles @ RB. I have many other experimental things on my list to try first.

This is what makes the hobby exciting; Finding interesting ways to make something "better" Yes, yes, maybe not visually pleasing, but at 3am, i'm not exactly looking at my tank, and it if improves health or has other positive effects, why not?

The whole thing here I think is will this actually work better than a skimmer, or what other effects does it have versus one? Also if there are pros to run this versus a skimmer, is the extra cleanup (possibly from salt creep) and other factors worth it?

soapy, do you have the resources to set up two small tanks to test this theory? i.e.: identical livestock, equipment, rock, sand and water conditions, with only that one variable changed? If so, that would be amaze-balls.