Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 01-10-2012, 05:41 AM
On Hiatus

gregzz4 will become famous soon enough

Greg, how long have you had your Blondie?
Old 01-10-2012, 05:43 AM
Gold Member

lastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregzz4 View Post
So, Brett, is this your new tank?
My plumbing for the RO/DI should arrive the end of this week, so you can show your significant how much mine puts up with
I can't wait to see! If you've been through my many build threads you'll know I practice some pretty ghetto stuff along the way. I still duck going up and down the stairs here even though the MESS of wires, plumbing, shelves and dosing equipment is no longer strapped to the wall and draped across the stairs!
Old 01-10-2012, 05:50 AM
On Hiatus

Lets get some pics of that on your build so my wife will appreciate how clean I am doing this build
All kidding aside, I showed Donna the hi-lights of lastlight's huge thread and all the nice construction you claim to have done yourself.
I gotta say, if we wanted our tank downstairs, I'd model it after yours.
Good thing for me the DT is going in the LRoom
Old 01-10-2012, 06:04 AM
On Hiatus

So Grizz, how long?
Old 01-10-2012, 06:07 AM
On Hiatus

And another thought ....
Don't you just hate it when you find that piece of equipment you want, and then the seller bails 'cause, at the last minute, they think, "well, maybe I should keep it as a back-up"?
Then why the bleep did you offer it to me in the first place?!!!
Old 01-10-2012, 02:50 PM

fishytime will become famous soon enough

sometimes lady luck smiles upon you........being a finishing carpenter by trade Im usually an "indoor" kind of guy for work.....recently things had been slow for the crew I normally work with so I have been working with a friend that I met through Canreef and Red Coral....this friend does renovations so the work I do with him varies greatly.....everything from finishing to tiling to insulating to drywall etc, etc.....this week we have been shingling the roof on a big project that he has......its snowing at the moment here in Cowtown so the boss called a snow day and gave us the day off.....so as Im sitting here drinking coffee, enjoying Canreef, my newly acquired blue spot jawfish jumps from the tank and hits the carpet...... if circumstances had been any different (working with my usual crew or no snow) I would have come home to a CCC (crispy carpet critter).....sometimes things do go your way
260g mixed reef, 105g sump, water blaster 7000 return, Bubble King SM 300 skimmer, Aqua Controller Jr, 4 radions, 3 Tunze 6055s,1 tunze 6065, 2 Vortech MP40s, Vortech MP20, Tunze ATO, GHL SA2 doser, 2 TLF reactors (1 carbon, 1 rowa). http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=50034 . Tank Video here http://www.vimeo.com/2304609 and here http://www.vimeo.com/16591694
Old 01-10-2012, 03:06 PM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Delphinus

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastlight View Post
ummm
The parakeet tank reminds me of this post I read on another forum:

Quote:
When I was 10 years old, my best friend Billy moved into a nearby apartment that had a huge fish tank built into the back patio. His mom stocked it with fish, and we used to play legos out there every afternoon. You see back in the 80s, we didn't have these legos for pussies you guys have now. You knew you were playing with space legos because some pieces were translucent, and the little yellow dudes had helmets. That's how you figured that out.

And one day, we discovered that the plastic nozzle at the end of the fish tank air compressor fit quite snuggly into the centrally placed hole on this certain ubiquitous lego piece. This thing: http://lego.wikia.com/wiki/970632_1_x_2_Beams. Not airtight, but enough that tightly built lego constructs would pressurize sufficient to keep water out.

Out first undersea mission featured two bewildered grasshoppers manning a decidedly boxy submarine. We put a window in it for them, which I can only suppose in retrospect magnified their terror. It seemed important to me at the time that they be able to visually participate in the process. They returned dry and alive. Two weeks later, a veritable grasshopper Rapture spread across the fish tank bottom, powered by three compressors and populated by over a hundred grasshoppers. Enough water and humidity squeezed in to keep them alive, bolstered by random heaps of greens we hurled into the airlocks.

A month after that, a freak accident broke open one of the corridors, sending the entire population into the merciless sea, to be devoured by a large parrotfish named Gertrude. Gertrude died the next day, presumably of indigestion.

Legos own. RIP Grasshopper Atlantis & Gertrude.

Sorry to hear about the Naso Greg. Hope he starts eating again..
Old 01-10-2012, 03:19 PM

The Grizz will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Greg, how long have you had your Blondie?
Quote:
So Grizz, how long?
Only had it for a couple months, it was very fat and eating anything I would feed until just recently. He withered away fast and died on Sunday.

8' - 165gal Reef
DIY LED's Build
2012 Nano Contest Winner
Febuary 2013 POTM Winner
300 gal + 60 gal Complete DIY Build

Last edited by The Grizz; 01-10-2012 at 03:51 PM.
Old 01-10-2012, 03:41 PM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Delphinus

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishytime View Post
sometimes things do go your way
Wow that is quite the serendipity. Good to hear this time the stars aligned just right!
Old 01-10-2012, 05:51 PM

fishoholic will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishytime View Post
sometimes lady luck smiles upon you........being a finishing carpenter by trade Im usually an "indoor" kind of guy for work.....recently things had been slow for the crew I normally work with so I have been working with a friend that I met through Canreef and Red Coral....this friend does renovations so the work I do with him varies greatly.....everything from finishing to tiling to insulating to drywall etc, etc.....this week we have been shingling the roof on a big project that he has......its snowing at the moment here in Cowtown so the boss called a snow day and gave us the day off.....so as Im sitting here drinking coffee, enjoying Canreef, my newly acquired blue spot jawfish jumps from the tank and hits the carpet...... if circumstances had been any different (working with my usual crew or no snow) I would have come home to a CCC (crispy carpet critter).....sometimes things do go your way
So glad you were home to save him