Combo of these 23 16.67%
Voters: 138. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-11-2015, 03:17 PM
Darth Moderator

WarDog will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myka View Post
China can do anything.
I'm all for saving some coin, but I question quality. I'd rather buy one vortech than a Jebao that needs to be replaced every year or so (which seems to be common). I don't ever see myself buying a DC pump either, except maybe a Red Dragon or Vectra.
Old 12-11-2015, 03:46 PM
busy with fresh water.

The Guy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarDog View Post
I'm all for saving some coin, but I question quality. I'd rather buy one vortech than a Jebao that needs to be replaced every year or so (which seems to be common). I don't ever see myself buying a DC pump either, except maybe a Red Dragon or Vectra.
I now use 2 Vortech mp10 powerheads mainly because I like the motor on the outside of the aquarium out of the water, works great for maintenance as well.
Old 12-11-2015, 06:13 PM

Jordon is on a distinguished road

I use Ecotech MP10 on my nano, but could't stand it before the QD upgrade. It was to the point where I bought a Jebao RW-4 and was ready to replace it, but now use the RW-4 for mixing water!

Needless to say, both are great products, but I prefer the lower profile Ecotech MP10 for my nano. If I had a larger tank and wanted to save money, I would surely go with Jebao.
Old 12-11-2015, 06:25 PM
busy with fresh water.

The Guy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDH View Post
I use Ecotech MP10 on my nano, but could't stand it before the QD upgrade. It was to the point where I bought a Jebao RW-4 and was ready to replace it, but now use the RW-4 for mixing water!

Needless to say, both are great products, but I prefer the lower profile Ecotech MP10 for my nano. If I had a larger tank and wanted to save money, I would surely go with Jebao.
I would have liked to pickup a 2and QD, but got a great deal on the mp10-W series and it seems as quite as the QD, but then I only run it up to half capacity because that works well in my tank.
Old 12-11-2015, 06:54 PM

Jordon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Guy View Post
I would have liked to pickup a 2and QD, but got a great deal on the mp10-W series and it seems as quite as the QD, but then I only run it up to half capacity because that works well in my tank.
I have a feeling I have crap luck with the Vortech's. I have been through 3 (2 on my old build then sold, then my current one) and they were all fairly loud to my ears. Either that, or I have super-sensitive hearing?

I hear people lucking out with quiet ones out of the box, or they 'break-in' after a few weeks of use; just not my experience sadly. If anyone is unsure about the QD though, it is well worth the upgrade if you can't stand the noise of your Vortech.
Old 12-11-2015, 09:45 PM

The Codfather is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myka View Post
Is that you pic or internet pic? Look at all those knockoffs!
Internet. Apparently out in full swing overseas.
Old 12-11-2015, 10:10 PM

Reef-Geek is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDH View Post
I have a feeling I have crap luck with the Vortech's. I have been through 3 (2 on my old build then sold, then my current one) and they were all fairly loud to my ears. Either that, or I have super-sensitive hearing?

I hear people lucking out with quiet ones out of the box, or they 'break-in' after a few weeks of use; just not my experience sadly. If anyone is unsure about the QD though, it is well worth the upgrade if you can't stand the noise of your Vortech.
Vortech has a wearable part that need to be replaced regularly, especially if you buy used the the previous owner didn't use the spacer or align it properly.

http://ecotechmarine.com/faq/replacement-parts

There is a maintenance kit you can find for mp40.
Old 12-12-2015, 12:55 AM

Myka will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarDog View Post
I don't ever see myself buying a DC pump either, except maybe a Red Dragon or Vectra.
My Red Dragon Speedy 3 is going on a year! It's still in the box, but who's counting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Codfather View Post
Internet. Apparently out in full swing overseas.
Yeah, wow all sorts now I guess!

SPS fanatic.

Old 01-28-2016, 01:42 AM

The Codfather is on a distinguished road
Default WiFi option

In case some of you where waiting, jeboa now has a wifi module out, these guys...what will they dream up next...
Old 03-07-2016, 05:51 PM

brisco is on a distinguished road

I have a gyre, and it has been good to me. I picked up the apex adapter module (icecap) when that came out a few months back and it really increased the versatility, now I have 8 flow patterns running at different times. The gen 2, is very quiet, but I only run at 60% tops otherwise the xf 150 model is way too much flow on my 100 gal display. I also picked up a small battery back up (ice cap again) that works with the gyre and during a power loss will run it at 30% for 36 hours (I think that's the stats)

Cleaning can be tricky, I have only done it once, but had to take it apart again several times until I got it right.

Brad, you need to add the Gyre to the poll instead of just having it under "other"!