Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 07-06-2011, 11:17 PM

ReefOcean is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorenz0 View Post
the reason i said prodibio is because of the dosing regiment. Its hard to miss and is a very simple system compared to the zeovit

I tried the zeovit and it did not suit my life style. From shaking the rocks at the right time to making sure I made my schedule for dosing. My final conclusion on the system was that you need to make sure your home to shake your rocks when your pump is on. also in the mornings i would forget to dose start. To say the least i struggled. The dosing took almost no time, I am just a zombie in the morning.

I like the prodibio system because I can change my water on sunday and than every second wednesday I dose. I'm on my 4th week with no issues and I am already seeing great results. no more counting drops or measuring mL, just 1 vile per a product once every 2 weeks. can't complain about that anymore

hehe, that sounds a lot like me. I am serious about commiting to a dosing regiment, but who knows how long I can keep it up for.

So this is strictly a dosing regiment? No magic rocks/zeo pellets required? i just tried to google it, read a little from reefcentral but I am at work hehe. I will read more about it tonight
Old 07-06-2011, 11:59 PM

naesco is on a distinguished road

If you are starting up a new system, don't add anything at all other than salt unless you have too.
Old 07-07-2011, 12:25 AM

Sorry, i didnt mention. Starting a new setup but transfering everything from my old setup to the new
Old 07-07-2011, 01:57 AM
Good Guy Albert

albert_dao will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to albert_dao

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReefOcean View Post
Sorry, i didnt mention. Starting a new setup but transfering everything from my old setup to the new
Probiotic systems are harder to integrate into older systems than they are into new.

What's your experience level like?
Old 07-07-2011, 02:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albert_dao View Post
Probiotic systems are harder to integrate into older systems than they are into new.

What's your experience level like?
The tank wont be completely established. For starters, The equipment will be new. The skimmer, the pumps etc. I am currently running barebottem atm. The new system will have a sand bed. The only thing I was considering transfering over to the new tank will be LR and water.

I would prefer not to cook my rock, I may give select spots a good brushing. i may add a few new pieces of rock, and cycle again. I actually have about 50 pounds of dried rock/skeletons I smuggled back in a duffle from Oahu I might use for base.

As for experience, I have been doing SW for about 7, coral for about 5 and SPS for about 2 years.
Old 07-07-2011, 04:38 PM
Good Guy Albert

Ah, lots of experience.

In that case, you should have no difficulty with a probiotic method as long as you pay attention to all your variables. You may also want to establish the bacteria in your new system for a couple weeks prior to adding any livestock.
Old 07-07-2011, 09:45 PM

After some careful consideration, reading various messageboards and re-reading the instuction manulas of each system, I have opted to go with the Brightwell system for various reasons

1) I found the Brightwell instructions easier to follow and with better explanations
2) I have experience using various Brightwell products on and off and like them quite a bit (I swear by their calcium sup)
3) The Brightwell products a much cheaper
4)The dosing instuctions seem easier
5) If I am not satisified with the results or Neozeo, I will still have a low nutrient system and can slowly integrate in Zeovit or try something else that's new.

thanks for the help!
Old 07-07-2011, 10:39 PM

lenzh is on a distinguished road

An informed choice is the best. Good Luck.

I have had good results mixing and matching products from different companies, (KZ, Fauna Marin, and others) the main thing is that you understand what each product is supposed to do, how it's supposed to work, and what to look for and test for when trying to figure out the appropriate dose for your system.
Old 07-08-2011, 05:24 AM
Good Guy Albert

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReefOcean View Post
After some careful consideration, reading various messageboards and re-reading the instuction manulas of each system, I have opted to go with the Brightwell system for various reasons

1) I found the Brightwell instructions easier to follow and with better explanations
2) I have experience using various Brightwell products on and off and like them quite a bit (I swear by their calcium sup)
3) The Brightwell products a much cheaper
4)The dosing instuctions seem easier
5) If I am not satisified with the results or Neozeo, I will still have a low nutrient system and can slowly integrate in Zeovit or try something else that's new.

thanks for the help!
Ah, no prob. Best of luck. Probiotics - done right and you'll never go back to GFO again.
Old 07-08-2011, 07:22 PM

I will work extra hard on the doing it right part. hehe, thanks again