Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Regional Forums > Alberta > Edmonton

Old 12-11-2007, 06:28 AM

surgeonfish is on a distinguished road

Are they open for buisness yet? I am going to Edmonton to visit the inlaws for Christmas and need an excuse to get out of the house to check out some of the LFS.
300 gal starphire custom built in pentagon reef (+90 gal sump on Blue Line 100 HD return pump, 210lb LR, Euro-Reef RC250 skimmer, 2x400W MH, 2x28W compacts, 2xTurbelle classic 4002 pumps & Turbelle Stream 6100 on 7095 Multicontroller, running ZEOvit)

Livestock
Fish: damsels; sailfin, yellow, regal & naso tangs; ocellaris & tomato clowns; lyretail anthias; foxface lo; flame angelfish
corals: a few
Old 12-11-2007, 06:34 AM

mark is on a distinguished road

They're open and appears 7 days a week.
Old 12-11-2007, 05:12 PM

Matt is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Matt

Coincidentally, I noticed this store a few days ago when I was going down Calgary Trail. I stopped in. They have a very light stock level right now, but a heavy investment in tanks and water, so it looks like it will be a nice place.

Good selection of the salifert kits and kent product. Light selection of other drygoods. Prices seem about average for the local market, but I didn't really price-check anything specifically.

I think I say them open until 10pm except Sunday, but that won't last, I imagine. Very noisy, with each rack of tanks dumping into sumps below, and skimmers humming along.

I'll go back from time-to-time.
Old 12-16-2007, 12:56 AM

fishoholic will become famous soon enough

I went there today (Dec.15) and they just got a shipment in. Good selection and great prices on fish. Well worth the drive. We ended up buying a Naso tang, he gave us a great deal.

Last edited by fishoholic; 12-16-2007 at 03:18 PM.
Old 12-19-2007, 07:08 AM

Psyire is on a distinguished road

I was able to stop by this store yesterday. Very nice layout, possibly the best I've seen.

Service was good, very personable. Store was very clean & the tanks were spotless. (of course they've only been open awhile)

I'll definately be back, and would recommend checking them out.
Old 01-27-2008, 01:30 AM

fishguyxd is on a distinguished road

I stopped in there today ,Nice place ,clean had a good selection of corals , very friendly staff ,they even gave my son a t-shirt, the coral prices not to bad for this city. Fish/inverts selection was low at time of my visit. Has some good salt and additives etc. No frag tank yet I will be stopping again. that's my 2cent
Old 08-21-2008, 05:07 PM

noirsphynx is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Blue World is great! I visited them about a month or so ago. They didn't have a huge selection at that time but when I showed up they were in the middle of accepting a live goods shippment and even though they were super busy with that Michelle was very helpful and very pleasent to deal with. I ended up leaving with a fish & coral. I'll be going back for sure.