Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 02-03-2015, 07:06 AM

ensquire is on a distinguished road

Not sure if this will work for your tank, But I have Tunze Care Magnets in all my tanks and I am impressed by the quality design. They can be left in the tank, and you would have to work really hard to scratch a tank with one. They also do a great job on the glass which is another plus
I know J%L sells them. Not sure if anyone in Calgary sells them.

http://reefbuilders.com/2014/06/05/t...le-brilliance/
Old 02-04-2015, 07:04 PM

asylumdown is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ensquire View Post
Not sure if this will work for your tank, But I have Tunze Care Magnets in all my tanks and I am impressed by the quality design. They can be left in the tank, and you would have to work really hard to scratch a tank with one. They also do a great job on the glass which is another plus
I know J%L sells them. Not sure if anyone in Calgary sells them.

http://reefbuilders.com/2014/06/05/t...le-brilliance/
This is exactly my plan. If Big Al's or Pisces doesn't carry them (going to check on the weekend) I'm going to order them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastlight View Post
Adam you're the calmest one here. You're sorta killing our momentum lol. You punched SOMEONE right?
lol I haven't punched someone since high school. I did something far more productive... I bought more fish!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike31154 View Post
Unfortunate, but perhaps a lesson learned. May not be feasible or convenient for folks with in wall tanks that are not easily accessible, but personally the only time my cleaning magnet is in the tank, is when I'm using it. Maybe another solution would be to raise the sand bed a bit to cover the scratched areas?
I tried that for a while, but no dice. My tank has Euro-bracing and it's already so tall (my stand is extra high so my 6'4 partner didn't have to bend down to look at it) I can barely put my fingers in the water. Trying to remove and replace the wet side of the magnet when I can't reach under the euro-bracing without a ladder lasted all of 3 days when I first set it up.

And sadly, I'd need a very deep sand bed to cover these babies up. But they are well below eye level, so I can sort of pretend they're not there by keeping my eyes up lol.