Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 09-27-2012, 10:26 PM

jorjef is on a distinguished road

Bought this one a few years back, still one I pull out on a regular basis

http://www.watchint.com/images/esq-b...kfin-watch.jpg
Old 09-27-2012, 11:15 PM

cale262 is on a distinguished road

I guess I just haven't had any luck with citizens products, IME they've never held up to even the slightest abuse...I bought the pictured Ti ecodrive 12 tears ago for about $950ish, within the first six months it stopped charging...back to the shop, another six months went by and it needed a seal on the bezel replaced...second time to the shop, the last time I had it into the shop was to replace the screws in the clasp after it fell off my wrist one day. I stopped wearing it at that time, this watch saw very little abuse. (worn for <18mo.)

On the other side of the coin, the below pictured Tissot Ti touch, has been abused extensively since I purchased it 6 years ago for the sum of about $1100. I bought it for a field watch (oilfield construction & drilling projects) and it has been ten times the watch of the citizen. This T was worn for >4 years and is still in great shape (mechanically speaking) today.

Old 09-27-2012, 11:27 PM

intarsiabox is on a distinguished road

I had a Timex Expedition for 17 years, I only got rid of it because I used it as my work watch and the face became so scratched up that I couldn't read the time easily anymore. Even then it kept perfect time. Not a show piece but I don't know of too many cheap watches that last that long while taking lots of abuse.

I currently have a solar powered Casio Edifice that I really loved the look of but I've only had it for a little while now so I can't say how long it will last. It does keep perfect time however. My other watch is a Mickey Mouse watch that I just got at Disneyland. $17 when you bought over $35 of other stuff in the store. The watch for that price didn't have Mickey's hands telling the time but the lady at the counter let me pick out any Mickey watch I wanted for the same price, so I got the good old original!
Old 09-27-2012, 11:43 PM

Acipenser is on a distinguished road

I have a Wittnauer automatic that I inherited - it is an old mans watch. I got it from my grandfather 20 years ago. It just sits in a jewelry box, my wife gave me a decent seiko a couple of years ago but I have all way's wanted a Tag heuer.
Old 09-28-2012, 03:21 AM

doch is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cale262 View Post
I guess I just haven't had any luck with citizens products, IME they've never held up to even the slightest abuse...I bought the pictured Ti ecodrive 12 tears ago for about $950ish, within the first six months it stopped charging...back to the shop, another six months went by and it needed a seal on the bezel replaced...second time to the shop, the last time I had it into the shop was to replace the screws in the clasp after it fell off my wrist one day. I stopped wearing it at that time, this watch saw very little abuse. (worn for <18mo.)

On the other side of the coin, the below pictured Tissot Ti touch, has been abused extensively since I purchased it 6 years ago for the sum of about $1100. I bought it for a field watch (oilfield construction & drilling projects) and it has been ten times the watch of the citizen. This T was worn for >4 years and is still in great shape (mechanically speaking) today.

$1100 for an oil field watch? Yowza! My work watch is a $30 timex!

160 gallon Reef, almost all SPS, a few LPS, small handfull of Zoas, and 5 clams. LOVING the upgrade (now that most of the work is done!)

My tank Journal: http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=75924