Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > DIY

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-19-2009, 09:53 PM

bulletsworld is on a distinguished road
Question Plumbing?? HELP!

How does it really all work? We got a diagram written out from a friend & each person we talked to has a completely different way of doing plumbing. HELP! First off, I know nothing about plumbing. Your going to laugh... but I even had to google pictures of gate valve, check valves, true union, t fittings, etc, so I would know what the heck I was looking for in the store.

My tank currently has two, 1 1/2 inch holes drilled in the overflow, then on the top of the tank running down the top pane of glass is two 1 inch holes on each corner (for the return pipe in the tank)

Then the sump I got made... Has two holes where they put filter socks. There is only one baffle setup in the middle of the sump with a 1 1/2" hole through it. What the heck for? I asked the builder, he said its to put a valve to control the skimmer water feed onto the other side? huh?

Also, since I have one internal drive (Mag 18) is it bad to run a pipe up from the Mag18, then T off to have two return lines coming up the side of the external overflow box and run into each hole on top of tank?

Looking for your thoughts, tips or advice on plumbing. HELP!

Tonight we will pickup the pipe. These are the supplies we got so far:

$200.00 bucks later for just these supplies! Wowzers!

Brand new 18 Mag Drive $100.00 (Thanks to Brent)

This is a drawing of what were kinda thinking of doing.. Need your thoughts on it.

"Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo