Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-05-2014, 07:07 PM

aquatechy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sphelps View Post
Take the rock out, make it accessible first for a quick removal if needed making sure the shrimp is still in it. You can remove the anemone once you get the rock out and clown fish will get it over it.
What would be the best way to remove the Anemone from the rock? I thought its near impossible to get them off unless they're on glass...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishyFishy! View Post
You can do one of three things in my opinion:

2) Remove the rock from the aquarium with him in it. This might mean breaking apart the rock to save your anemone.

3) Create a spear inside a pen tube and something sharpened with an elastic. Kind of like a spear gun, and take the little guy out. (this would be my first option... because it would be awesome to see).
Haha the spear gun would be pretty awesome. I've been reading online, it seems like these little critters are quite smart - if you try to kill them and fail, they will relocate within your tank. They're also good at getting out of traps. Given this, removing the rock is looking like a good plan. I've never taken an anemone off rock along, so I will likely have to break it apart...

Tags
emergency, mantis, pests, reef, trap