Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-21-2013, 02:35 AM

craigwmiller is on a distinguished road
Default Phosphate Testing

I just picked up an ELOS PO4 test kit, and it's reading zero, like super zero, no color change at all (and the color compare card shows that zero should be somewhat colored). Then I tested with TAP water, and again, crystal clear.

Does anyone else use the ELOS PO4 kit, and do you ever get crystal-clear results?

...Inside the new box/bag there was some (maybe a handful of drops) leakage during shipment/handling/etc which had mixed with something and was bright blue - not sure this would affect the contents of either bottle, more likely an air pressure change thing...

Is my new test kit bad, from the no color change at all? (I mainly worry since the printed card shows at least some color to be expected)

I'm concerned over PO4 right now since earlier today (before I went out to buy another kit) my Hanna meter gave me 0.15 and then 0.00 with 2 reagents (same lot #, but different reagent packages). And I'm not sure I can trust either, but moreover the 0 value really bugs me. There's always something when I test... 0.02, 0.03, something.