Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal

Old 08-27-2012, 03:07 PM

michika is on a distinguished road

Looking good!
Old 08-27-2012, 04:45 PM
acanthastrea freak

Skimmerking is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Skimmerking Send a message via MSN to Skimmerking

So you come back in to the hobby, Start up a build and shoot us with all the glory shots of equipment. And its not set up OMG MAN

Nice tank too.

Last edited by Skimmerking; 08-27-2012 at 04:52 PM.
Old 08-27-2012, 06:48 PM

JDigital is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to JDigital

Thanks guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skimmer King View Post
So you come back in to the hobby, Start up a build and shoot us with all the glory shots of equipment. And its not set up OMG MAN

Nice tank too.
I don't even have the rock man!

It's gonna be bit slowed down now as my debit card got skimmed (no pun intended) and the bastards stole a large portion of funds from my account (mostly funds allocated for the tank). So until the investigation gets completed and I get my money back, I won't be able to buy anything I need to continue. (Rock, various pumps/heaters, etc) I can still do the plumbing and stuff this week, and hopefully have water in the tank by next weekend.
Old 08-27-2012, 06:52 PM
acanthastrea freak

Skimmerking is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Skimmerking Send a message via MSN to Skimmerking

aw man that friggin sucks.
Old 08-27-2012, 08:17 PM
Gold Member

FishyFishy! will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDigital View Post
Thanks guys.

I don't even have the rock man!

It's gonna be bit slowed down now as my debit card got skimmed (no pun intended) and the bastards stole a large portion of funds from my account (mostly funds allocated for the tank). So until the investigation gets completed and I get my money back, I won't be able to buy anything I need to continue. (Rock, various pumps/heaters, etc) I can still do the plumbing and stuff this week, and hopefully have water in the tank by next weekend.

I had that happen to me too. It's scary when it actually happens to you. Kinda makes you feel helpless.

The only good thing (I'm with TD), was that they dealt with it very quickly, and I had the funds put back into my account within 4 days of reporting it. They were super good about it.

The bad thing was that I was in the process of buying a new Motorcycle, and it put a major hold on that for a while.

They call it addiction for a reason...
Old 08-28-2012, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishyFishy! View Post
I had that happen to me too. It's scary when it actually happens to you. Kinda makes you feel helpless.

The only good thing (I'm with TD), was that they dealt with it very quickly, and I had the funds put back into my account within 4 days of reporting it. They were super good about it.

The bad thing was that I was in the process of buying a new Motorcycle, and it put a major hold on that for a while.
It actually happened to 5 of us where I work, and we are pretty confident we know where it happened. We go to a Subway for lunch every monday, and they are continuously changing out there debit keypad. It's the only place all of us ever go to that's the same and we all use debit there. Will be filing a police report (as suggested by the bank).

I was actually able to get an overdraft setup for the amount taken, so I might be able to get some work done on the tank this week, if I can find the energy after sitting in this training seminar all day, all week.

I definitely need to get a couple arcylic panels siliconed to overflow, so they have time to cure before I fill the tank with water. I'm hoping Dave gets his dry rock in this week too.
Old 08-28-2012, 06:40 PM

Anyone got any spare 1" strainers laying around?
Old 08-31-2012, 04:02 AM

I swung by the office last night and tonight, on my way home from a training seminar I'm in all week. Last night I finished up siliconing the acrylic to the overflows, and then spray bombed the back of the tank in black. Which was about all I was able to do as the unbearable air in the office started making me light headed.

Went back tonight and did all the plumbing for the system. This is the first tank I have plumbed that doesn't have a check valve (could not find one) on the return line, which makes me nervous, but I have done the calculations (4x) and based on my numbers I should have enough room in my sump for the water that will drain back down back down from the Display and Overflows. I basically copied fishytimes plumbing (minus the check valve). I went with Herbie overflows as they have always worked for me in the past. Couple ****ty iphone pics.

Next on the list is to order some 1"x1" - 3/16" tubing and get the light stands welded up and installed on the the stand. This needs to be done before I get any water in the tank so I can still access the back.
Old 09-01-2012, 04:12 AM

Just another day at the Office.

Swung by Concept again today... Dave is probably sick of seeing me!

Changed up my skimmer choice from the Bubble Magus to this!

Barely fits in my allotted skimmer section as it wasn't planned for... but it fits none the less.

Also picked up 150ish #'s of Dry Macro rock that Dave just got in.. I gotta say, 150lbs of dry rock seems like a lot.. I did a mock up of an aquascape, and I still have a 1 FULL box (out of 4 @ 40ish lbs each) of rock after words.. And I don't even have the live rock yet to seed it. I may just have to keep the extra box of dry rock for myself for the 62G I bought.

Old 09-01-2012, 02:40 PM

fishoholic will become famous soon enough

Looking good! Love the skimmer upgrade, glad it fit, it should work better for your system