Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Vendor Forums > Wicked Frags

Old 09-04-2009, 02:08 AM

Binare is on a distinguished road
Default Quote in your signature

Maybe its just me. Saw your signature in a post, without seeing it was you at first I thought someone really didn't like wickedfrags. It reads something like 'click here to see what canreefers are saying about wickedfrags' followed by a negative quote regarding value. Is just me? Or does it almost read like your bashing yourself? just my opinion mate, someday ill make an order hehe.
Old 09-04-2009, 11:43 AM

wickedfrags is on a distinguished road

Interesting, perhaps that quote belongs above the review links. Or maybe not there at all when I think about it that way.

Not sure I understand your comment "negative quote regarding value". The quote on its own reads the exact opposite - reminding people you get what you pay for (pehaps under the feedback links it is misleading). I added this quote at the time $10 frag and bag products were flooding Canreef. You spend a little more, you get something worth having.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binare View Post
Maybe its just me. Saw your signature in a post, without seeing it was you at first I thought someone really didn't like wickedfrags. It reads something like 'click here to see what canreefers are saying about wickedfrags' followed by a negative quote regarding value. Is just me? Or does it almost read like your bashing yourself? just my opinion mate, someday ill make an order hehe.
Old 09-04-2009, 06:14 PM

aquatic_rice is on a distinguished road

lol, I was looking for that quote after the last time i did an order. I read it when I first joined canreef. Good quote

wish I had the money to get in on the new sps auction
Old 09-04-2009, 06:28 PM

Binare is on a distinguished road

Hey I like the quote and agree with it was just tryin to do a solid n let ya know it seemed out of out of place and that couldve just been my mind n eyes that took it that way. I don't mean negative in the sense that your bashing someone or being negative yourself. Its negative in the fact that it would remind someone of a $10 frag purchase gone wrong for example. From a purely marketing standpoint, a company should induce or associate itself with any negative feelings, whether your the cause or not puppys, kittens, makin love n all that jazz make positive thoughts, being reminded of how they once were ripped off, is negative... Even if it aint your fault

You seen the tide commercial where they point out that all other detergent is mostly water n theirs is not? Does it make you wanna rush out and buy tide? Or does it annoy you that you've been buying jugs of water instead detergent? See my point at all?
Old 09-21-2009, 11:52 AM

I have since removed that quote from my signature.

However, I have been thinking of adding this one:

During my 35 orbits around the sun, I've found this adage regarding business:, customers want three things: Quality, Customer Service, and Price. Now, pick which two you would like, because all three don't exist at the same time.

I just spend 4 weeks shopping for a surround sound system and I could not agree more with this quote. Just pulled the trigger on what I wanted Saturday.
Old 09-21-2009, 02:45 PM

muck is on a distinguished road

Why do you need a quote?
Old 09-21-2009, 02:58 PM

StirCrazy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedfrags.com View Post
However, I have been thinking of adding this one:

During my 35 orbits around the sun, I've found this adage regarding business:, customers want three things: Quality, Customer Service, and Price. Now, pick which two you would like, because all three don't exist at the same time.

I just spend 4 weeks shopping for a surround sound system and I could not agree more with this quote. Just pulled the trigger on what I wanted Saturday.
ah but all 3 does exist, you are missing one.. "quickly" there is quality, customer service, and price, but you will not find all three togeather "quickly" so if you are in a hurry forget it, if you got time then you can find all three.

Steve
*everything said above is just my opinion, and may or may not reflect the views of this BBS, its Operators, and its Members. If cornered on any “opinion” I post I will totally deny having ever said this in a Court of Law…Unless I am the right one*

Some strive to be perfect.... I just strive.
Old 09-21-2009, 03:10 PM

Well I imagine it is possible, just very unlikely (at least IMO).

I spend 4 weeks shopping for a complete home theatre system in southern Ontario and came to the conclusion I could not find all three qualities in one store. I decided price and quality were most important for this purchase, hoping not to require after sale customer service (not that it will not be there, just not likely as good as the others).

Quote:
Originally Posted by StirCrazy View Post
ah but all 3 does exist, you are missing one.. "quickly" there is quality, customer service, and price, but you will not find all three togeather "quickly" so if you are in a hurry forget it, if you got time then you can find all three.

Steve
Old 09-21-2009, 03:19 PM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

I find all 3 all the time. I've seen this saying directed towards bike parts;
Light, strong, cheap. Pick two. But I deal with places all the time that offer service, quality and good pricing.
Old 09-21-2009, 03:33 PM

The difference between good pricing and really good pricing can be a lot!!!! ...and depends on the level of service you may want in the future.

Assuming you are talking bicycles - you can always get your products cheaper but the service will not be there when you break it or have a complex problem (I have a Colonago with camp c-record road bike and a Ritchie MB).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquattro View Post
I find all 3 all the time. I've seen this saying directed towards bike parts;
Light, strong, cheap. Pick two. But I deal with places all the time that offer service, quality and good pricing.