Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 02-07-2009, 05:37 PM

bullit67 is on a distinguished road

Well there is a way to every thing I tried many ways to remove the one I had but they are smart and very elusive the one I had only came out at night the tank had to be completely dark along with the rest of the house if any light was getting to the tank at all it would not come out of it hidy hole. Oh and by the way even though it was almost 6 feet long I still have no idea where it was hiding during the day. What I ended up doing was going to princess auto and buying a long pair of forceps. Then on one dark Saturday night we put my plan into motion I got very thing ready befor the light went out opened all the doors on my canopy put a salt pail on the floor so I had somthing to drop it in got out my trusty flash light with a red lens the turned out the lights. The wife and I sat in the bedroom and waited for a while we would check the tank about every 15-20 min after about an hour and a half still no sign of it. At the 2 hour mark I went to check by myself and Ill be there it was sitting on the sand right in front of the reef I grabbed my forceps and went for it HOLY HELL I GOT IT !!!!! I yelled for the wife to come out and turn on some lights so I could see what I was doing but she could not hear me after about 10 min of battling with the worm ( I do mean battling this thing was pulling back so hard I could not lock the forceps and the force bruised my thumb and finger ) I had to let it go but I was able to grab it again this time I locked the forceps and just as I did that my wife comes out of the bedroom to see whats taking me so long she turned on some light I was able to yank it out of the tank and put it in the salt pail.
Old 02-07-2009, 05:45 PM

Flash is on a distinguished road

Gross.... Lol! StRong suckers huh?!
Old 02-07-2009, 07:54 PM

bullit67 is on a distinguished road

I could not believe how strong it was I was worried about pulling the reef over. I guess when you have that many legs you can hold on tight
Old 02-08-2009, 05:25 AM

Purple is on a distinguished road

K you guys are freakin' me out! I look after Starry's tank while he's away at work and I think he's gonna have to start paying me big bucks! I have seen bristle worms in one of the rocks but I think if I saw something that big in there I would have to blow it to pieces, anyone got a shotgun I could borrow?
Old 02-08-2009, 06:54 AM

RuGlu6 is on a distinguished road

I pulled one out of my tank it was about 3 feet long. terrible thing.
Now i have my rics dissapearing again... afraid to think that i might have another one