Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Product Review and Equipment Forum

Old 05-03-2010, 09:46 PM

dave_C is on a distinguished road

if you a setting up a herbie over flow the noise should be minimal with either setup, the only down fall i see with external overflows is the tank can't set flush with the wall but atleast you won't lose valume from the tank
Old 05-03-2010, 10:40 PM

vince0 is on a distinguished road

im not too worried about the tank sitting flush againts the wall since ill need space to run wires and potentially have room in case i need to get back there. once its in place its not moving, so i may as well leave myself work room haha
Old 05-04-2010, 12:08 AM

vince0 is on a distinguished road

i guess my next question is what size sump would be proper for a tank of that size. I've been advised to go as big as i can go, but i know theres gonna be equipment in the stand. I would also like to plan for a refugium in the middle of the sump.

i was thinking of a sump 36"w x 18"d x 15"h, with a 12" refugium section in the middle. would that be big enough? should i look at going slightly bigger?

thanks to an online fish calculator, this would give me 90gallons of show tank volume, and 42 gallons of sump/refugium.

any suggestion would be greatly appreciated