Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 01-05-2012, 05:06 AM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

^^

Just, you know, a random thought
Old 01-05-2012, 05:07 AM
Gold Member

lastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura about

Even tho I've found that trend annoying in the past I agree with you Brad. Still nice to have a large pool of stuff to pick thru when bargain-hunting.
Old 01-05-2012, 05:08 AM

cuz is on a distinguished road

I like the deals even if the person only has 2 posts!!!
Old 01-05-2012, 05:39 AM
R.I.P.

reefwars will become famous soon enough

i dont want people to think my beef is with someone who has never posted i was just using that as a reference of what in my mind the lesser ideal member is....someone who lurks 24/7 waiting for a deal and never posts other wise...again thats not actually what has me slightly lifted tonight;pppp

i also agree there are some awesoem deals by new members hehe
Old 01-05-2012, 05:42 AM
R.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockrookie View Post
you do help alot of ppl and in a round about way have helped me in the past after reading some of your advice and suggestions. in that i want to thank you.

but i do agree some ppl ask for help and ignore you anyways. if i know something that can help i will try. but always fear ill say the wrong advice since inonly a 3 year old reefer and myself still learning. my best help is that im always lurking and reading and seeing stuff on other sites others are looking for here or otherwise and point ppl to deals.

i hate living in sask we have a couple lfs but nothing like it seems other provinces have...i have tank envy..lol

but denny you are one of the tank guys i follow ilike your ideas and innovation keep it up

ps main reason i dontreply alot my spellying and typing skills suck lol.. and my netbooks broken space bar doesnt help

thanks man much appreciated but it goes both ways you yourself offered me some good advice when me and the ex broke it off last year i dont forget stuff like that cheers
Old 01-05-2012, 05:45 AM
R.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefwars View Post
i dont want people to think my beef is with someone who has never posted i was just using that as a reference of what in my mind the lesser ideal member is....someone who lurks 24/7 waiting for a deal and never posts other wise...again thats not actually what has me slightly lifted tonight;pppp

i also agree there are some awesoem deals by new members hehe

plus ones with low posts are generally new members so even if it is just for the buy/sell section it still brings in new members......still in my mind though slightly less than the ideal member i mean even a quick hello or random shot over 2 yrs is prob not un reasonable lolppp
Old 01-05-2012, 05:49 AM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefwars View Post
plus ones with low posts are generally new members so even if it is just for the buy/sell section it still brings in new members......still in my mind though slightly less than the ideal member i mean even a quick hello or random shot over 2 yrs is prob not un reasonable lolppp
Ya, but we just can't win. We want the new people to say hi, and we want the 12,000 post people to STFU

I guess it takes all kinds, some people are unsociable, some are shy, some are terrified to go "live" -lol
Old 01-05-2012, 05:51 AM
Gold Member

lastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquattro View Post
and we want the 12,000 post people to STFU
Tough to find lower odds anywhere else lol.
Old 01-05-2012, 06:06 AM
On Hiatus

gregzz4 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquattro View Post
Well, we, the staff, have discussed this before and thought about limiting or restricting it. However, it was my thought that even if a person only comes here once to sell something, and a Canreef member gets a deal that they might not otherwise get, it's a good thing for the real board members.

Now, if this is not a popular consensus amongst the members, I'd be willing to re-open the discussion with the rest of the team and see what we come up with.

I just figured everyone would like to see deals offered, even if it isn't from a "contributing" member...
IMO, having anyone posting classifieds here, or anywhere else, is great for us all.
I don't want to speak out of turn being one of the newbies here, but I do see an issue with post abuse here and there.
That's all my point entails ...
Old 01-05-2012, 06:11 AM
On Hiatus

gregzz4 will become famous soon enough

Back to the Random Thoughts >>>

OMG, drilling glass holes in perfectly good tanks for the first time is nerve wracking
I did 4 test holes on some scrap. Then 1 hole in a Chaeto tank, 1 in a new water tank and 1 of 2 in the sump.
I had to take a break before I rush the last sump hole
And although more could be said, I'll leave it up to the more brave members to do so