Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 08-28-2012, 11:24 PM

cblair is on a distinguished road
Default help me choose a skimmer

I am setting up a diy 24 x 24 x12 tank with a 20g sump so approximatley 45g of water. Im having a hard time choosing a skimmer. I plan on it being mainly sps with clams. I would like to go a little overkill but not sure how much.I have been looking at the swc extreme 120 or possibly 160, the bubble magus nac6 or nac7 and maybe the reef octopus diablo xs 160. If anyone has experience with any of these skimmers on a 30 to 50g would love to hear about it. Or any other recomendations. I will be posting a build thread for this tank in the near future as the tank and sump are put together. thanks
Old 08-29-2012, 12:02 AM
Gold Member

mseepman is on a distinguished road

I'm a reef Octopus fan myself. What made you choose the Diablo over the XP-1000Super saver? I think I prefer the Bubble Blaster pump to the Sicce

290g Peninsula Display, 425g total volume. Setup Jan 2013.
Old 08-29-2012, 02:03 AM

cblair is on a distinguished road

yeah thats another ive been researching. from my understanding both the bubble blaster and sicce pumps are very good but was leaning toward the sicce pump. theres seems to be alot of good choices for skimmers right now its hard to decide which one and whether or not to really overskim or try and go plus 1 on a skimmer