Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 02-03-2010, 03:24 PM

banditpowdercoat is on a distinguished road

So THATS what they are! I have alot of them. They cut my hands to shreds when Im handling the LR. Clog plumbing etc. Just a nusance really. I have 2 hermits, but never noticed them going for them? I'll have to look more often I guess.

Umm, a tank or 5
Old 02-03-2010, 05:42 PM

justinl is on a distinguished road

I always think it's a shame when people over react to such cool invertebrates in their tank because intentional livestock (fish and corals) is only a third of the fun for me. Especially the relatively harmless ones; vermetids rarely cause any significant problems. a 2 inch vermetid is not something you see every day in captivity (the small 1/4 inch guys are far more common) and I'd be interested to see how it does. I think they're pretty cool.

... but on the other hand I find copepods fascinating, so I suppose I don't represent the majority of the population.
Old 02-03-2010, 06:58 PM

Eb0la11 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinl View Post
I always think it's a shame when people over react to such cool invertebrates in their tank because intentional livestock (fish and corals) is only a third of the fun for me. Especially the relatively harmless ones; vermetids rarely cause any significant problems. a 2 inch vermetid is not something you see every day in captivity (the small 1/4 inch guys are far more common) and I'd be interested to see how it does. I think they're pretty cool.

... but on the other hand I find copepods fascinating, so I suppose I don't represent the majority of the population.
You're a lot like me. I like a lot of the micro details in my tank, such as my vermatid. I have some of the smaller variety too, but never really see them shooting their web out.

I also find different pods to be interesting haha.