Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Buy/Sell/Trade > Buy/Sell/Trade (Aquatics livestock related only)

Old 01-05-2010, 12:43 AM
riversideman

Default North shore coral trading

I've got a 2 year old very large tank with a lot of softie corals that are starting to get out of control and I would like to trade with other members. Maybe get together some weekend and see what we have to offer each other. I'm also thinking of doing a bulk coral buy in a few months, I think my tank is getting quite stable.
Old 01-05-2010, 01:42 AM

ScubaSteve is on a distinguished road

I've got softies comin' out the wahoo but what'd you got? I might add something to my nano.

Also, I'm a North Shore guy as well. Feel free to contact me in the future for trades once some of my stuff has grown out. Cheers!
Old 01-05-2010, 04:24 PM

Griffin is on a distinguished road

Hey guys - unfortunatly i have nothing to trade yet as i am in the process of stocking my tank after being out of the game for a couple of years. If you have anything you might want to sell please feel free to give me a pm.

Cheers
Rich
Old 01-05-2010, 04:33 PM
R.I.P.

pinhead is on a distinguished road

I'm in Deep Cove and have extra stuff but none of it is mounted.
Old 01-05-2010, 05:35 PM

eternitybc is on a distinguished road

In the north shore as well, but my tank is only 2 months old :-)

I've been trying to look up how long before I can add coral's, but can't find a definitive answer. Should we wait 6 months until our tank is somewhat established before we get our first?

We've been going really slow- 55 gallon tank, we have 5 reef hermits and one cleaner shrimp right now. Hopefully in a couple weeks we can look at getting a fish :-)
Old 01-05-2010, 07:45 PM

ScubaSteve is on a distinguished road

IMO, add when you think it's safe to add them. If you used uncured LR, it'll take a little longer. If your tank seems stable, it's probably OK to start adding them slowly. Start with the cheap easy corals (I can give you some mushrooms probably).

I went really slow with my first tank using uncured live rock from a store following the usual process. Never really had any issues. The new 20G tank I have put together has wicked live rock from an existing tank and stablized really quick. I have been able to move frags over to it from my other tank and adding new ones as well at, admittedly, a rather fast pace and other than a short bout of HA when it first started, everything is happy as a clam (Even the hitchhiker clams are happy... no Tridacnas yet though). Even my pair of cleaner shrimp are mating.