Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal

Old 02-27-2010, 01:25 PM
Rest In Peace

Doug has disabled reputation

Mr. Regal....." wow, look at me go now". Good job Christy.
Old 02-27-2010, 01:37 PM
Banned

Leah is on a distinguished road

Wow, Christy!!

Congratulations... tank looks amazing, you are one determined girl. Ya, girls rock.
Old 02-27-2010, 02:37 PM

StirCrazy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by christyf5 View Post
Finally done!!

um.. I don't see any VHOs on thoes lights.. what are you trying to pull saying your done??

Steve
*everything said above is just my opinion, and may or may not reflect the views of this BBS, its Operators, and its Members. If cornered on any “opinion” I post I will totally deny having ever said this in a Court of Law…Unless I am the right one*

Some strive to be perfect.... I just strive.
Old 02-27-2010, 03:08 PM
Staff

christyf5 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by StirCrazy View Post
um.. I don't see any VHOs on thoes lights.. what are you trying to pull saying your done??

Steve
Well the VHOs are 6ft long, the ones in my 90 are only 4ft so.......

Basically I've run out of money. The ushios are stupid bright on the HQI ballasts and I'm liking the bulbs as they are. When I have more money and the inclination I'll likely add either the VHOs or a LED light bar.

Thanks for the comments guys! It was a long day yesterday. I forgot how much I truly hate aquascaping. I can never replicate my "vision" (especially when some of the rocks have encrusted corals).

My 180 Build

Every electronic component is shipped with smoke stored deep inside.... only a real genius can find a way to set it free.
Old 03-01-2010, 03:08 AM
Staff

Got most of my frags mounted. Couple are still in the frag rack as I haven't decided where they belong. A couple I think might be "doubles" so I'll wait them out and see what they do.

Still haven't seen the candy hogfish. I'm starting to get pessimistic. The gramma was out today though and the lavender is starting to feel more comfortable now that there is nobody harassing him.

A better full on photo. We put some of the kitchen together today so I can finally get a decent shot from in front of the tank

My 180 Build

Every electronic component is shipped with smoke stored deep inside.... only a real genius can find a way to set it free.
Old 03-04-2010, 04:01 PM
Staff

Spent some time on Tuesday night tearing half the tank apart looking for the candy hogfish. I finally found him yesterday, under the catwalk. Fish jerky I guess he didn't make it over to the tank in the rock, I heard him flipping about in the rock and moved it over quickly but I guess he dislodged himself and landed on the floor and I missed it in the rush to get everything moved over. I'm pretty bummed about that and curse myself once again for my stupidity.

My 180 Build

Old 03-04-2010, 04:21 PM

muck is on a distinguished road

Wooooo.... me likey.
Old 03-04-2010, 04:37 PM
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸. ><(((º>

kien will become famous soon enoughkien will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by christyf5 View Post
Your hippo looks so small now :-) I'm glad to see he kept his purple though!
Old 03-04-2010, 04:55 PM
Gold Member

lastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura about

That's gonna look sick as it all grows out! Nice job with the rocks.
Old 03-21-2010, 06:07 AM
Staff

I've been meaning to update this but you know what they way, its worthless without photos. So I finally found time to take some photos

It didn't take long for the cyano to set in, less than a week I'd say. It came over from the other tank. Didn't help that I had most of the powerheads off for the wrasse, although turning them back on doesn't really blow off the cyano, they're not that kind that is affected by "slow spots". I have both red and green, the tank looks like christmas in a really grungy sort of way. Makes taking photos difficult due to the number of bubbles that refract the light making any picture I take look like complete a$$ so no tank pics until I resolve that (it sucks because the tank looks nice to my eye, I take a photo, its completely overexposed due to the bubbles, then I turkeybaste all the bubbles away, then have to wait for the tank to settle down because there is freaking cyano flying everywhere, then I forget to take the photo. The next day, the bubbles are back. Rinse. Repeat. I'm tempted to chemi-clean the whole thing but I love how hard my skimmer is working and I love my coral coloration so... yeeeah).

The tank also has other issues, namely:

Who seems to enjoy picking at my midas blenny while he sleeps. I found a rather large lesion on the blennys dorsal yesterday. This morning I found him dead in his sleeping hole, the crab having a nice light snack. I tried skewering him with a fondue fork but he's a crafty bugger.

Oh and these little beauties, I think I know the source of these, my own damned fault:

I'm hoping the wrasse develops a taste for them.

Wow that photo did NOT take well to cropping

Since last I posted, I've added the Aquatronica ATO that came with my controller. Previously I used my trusty float valve gravity fed by a topoff bucket but I decided to go "high tech" for this one (mostly because the float valve was pretty much done, I replace it yearly). Its working out nicely.

I purchased a vortech mp40 (non-wireless gen1) but haven't added it to the tank yet because 1. not sure where I want it to be, I just can't decide and 2. it didn't come with the little rubber disk for 3/4" glass (that is being shipped to me right now, it just got lost in the shuffle). Yeah I know, new toy and its not being played with. I've already taken both the wet and dry sides apart just for fun

Ok enough talking, gratuitous photos!

Recovered Pocilipora damicornis

Recovered Cyphastrea decadia

Current favorite

Second recovered P. damicornis and partially recovering yellow acro

Clams are back in the tank, yep they're being snacked on again. I'm suspecting the regal tang, it was likely him all along. Their mantles are out and healing somewhat so I assume as long as I feed the fat bastard often enough he might leave them alone. Oh and best shot of the lavender tang I could get (fast little bugger).

My 180 Build