Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 08-02-2007, 07:21 AM

bv_reefer is on a distinguished road
-true enuf bak 2 topic!

My reef~http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/m...-/P4300459.jpg
Old 08-02-2007, 12:10 PM

digital-audiophile is on a distinguished road

...please, please, please, take the time to write like a normal human being. Stop and take a look, do you see anyone else writing in internet slang on these boards? No one here does. Most people here are grown adults, with jobs and homes and children of their own, and the younger generation that are here post in the proper Queen's english.

We all have spelling errors, I know I do, from typing to fast and not proof reading my posts, but I am seriously getting tired of reading infantile postings. If you want to post the way that you do, I am sure there are an infinite number of sites on the internet where you can talk with people that speak the same "internet language" as you do, but please check it at the door here.

90G : Light - Tek 6xT5 | Skim - EuroReef RS135 | Flow - 2xVortech MP40W | Control - Reef Keeper 2
Old 08-02-2007, 12:18 PM

Der_Iron_Chef is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Der_Iron_Chef

Oh, I agree that it's frustrating to read. I just think that open mockery is a bit over the top. Quite unnecessary.

10G Nano * 10G Sump * Deltec MCE 600 Skimmer * JBL Viper 150w MH * Zeovit * Vortech MP40W

Millions long for immortality who do not know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon. ~S. Ertz

Old 08-02-2007, 01:01 PM

Ruth is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by digital-audiophile View Post
...please, please, please, take the time to write like a normal human being. Stop and take a look, do you see anyone else writing in internet slang on these boards? No one here does. Most people here are grown adults, with jobs and homes and children of their own, and the younger generation that are here post in the proper Queen's english.

We all have spelling errors, I know I do, from typing to fast and not proof reading my posts, but I am seriously getting tired of reading infantile postings. If you want to post the way that you do, I am sure there are an infinite number of sites on the internet where you can talk with people that speak the same "internet language" as you do, but please check it at the door here.
Oh how I agree with this. I find nothing more frustrating than trying to translate internet slang - particularly when people are asking for help and you don't know what the heck they are talking about. Does it really take that much longer to use proper spelling?
Old 08-02-2007, 01:55 PM
Rest In Peace

Doug has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Der_Iron_Chef View Post
Oh, I agree that it's frustrating to read. I just think that open mockery is a bit over the top. Quite unnecessary.
Thanks for posting that.
Old 08-02-2007, 02:02 PM

digital-audiophile is on a distinguished road

I'm guilty of the mockery and I appologize for that, I just don't think I am alone in my frustration and I really would hope that the official representation of an upstanding site such as this would at least try to correct the problem.

90G : Light - Tek 6xT5 | Skim - EuroReef RS135 | Flow - 2xVortech MP40W | Control - Reef Keeper 2
Old 08-02-2007, 02:05 PM

Redrover is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Jumpers

I have had a number of fish try carpet surffing...going down the over flow...
I use a sock at the end of the overflow for two day, then remove it, anyway on my old 150 all is normal after a water change until I went to remove the sock you guessed it one fairy wrasse [ DOA ]
I had Marc build a black acrylic cap for the overflow box...no fishies or any other critters down the overflow...it also keeps light out...no more slime to deal with.

RJ
The cap is on my 120
Old 08-02-2007, 02:05 PM
Staff

christyf5 is on a distinguished road

I wasn't mocking him at all. He can type how ever he wants. I just find it interesting that sometimes he types in a completely legible fashion. Then other types it takes me a couple minutes to decipher what the heck he is trying to say.

As for me, I think I'm going to start posting in spanish since you guys don't seem to mind.

Back to the topic.

So who would actually pony up the $350 a pair for these things?

My 180 Build

Every electronic component is shipped with smoke stored deep inside.... only a real genius can find a way to set it free.
Old 08-02-2007, 02:08 PM
Rest In Peace

Doug has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by digital-audiophile View Post
I'm guilty of the mockery and I appologize for that, I just don't think I am alone in my frustration and I really would hope that the official representation of an upstanding site such as this would at least try to correct the problem.
No Greg, it was not in reference to your post.
Old 08-02-2007, 02:25 PM

Der_Iron_Chef is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Der_Iron_Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by christyf5 View Post
As for me, I think I'm going to start posting in spanish since you guys don't seem to mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by christyf5 View Post
Back to the topic. So who would actually pony up the $350 a pair for these things?
I honestly think I would if I could afford it. They're the most unique clownfish I've ever seen. Stunning! You know, some people will pay $800-1000 for a pair of Crosshatch Triggers.....so why not $350 for a pair of these beauties?

10G Nano * 10G Sump * Deltec MCE 600 Skimmer * JBL Viper 150w MH * Zeovit * Vortech MP40W

Millions long for immortality who do not know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon. ~S. Ertz