Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2010, 05:12 PM

TheKid is on a distinguished road

exactly thanks for explaing it kien

Quote:
Originally Posted by kien View Post
Not that our opinions have any relevance in the matter, but I dunno, I would tend to disagree with Fishytime and ZoaElite.. The original sale thread did clearly say that you were getting at least 100 polyps. Looking at the picture and counting, sure, you can't see 100 polyps but that could mean some where hidden on the other side of the rock that you couldn't see, so the buyer is left with trusting the fact that if the seller says that there are 100 there for sale, then there is 100 there for sale, even if you can't see 100. I guess this is where, "buyer beware" comes into play. It is kind of like buying a jar of screws. If the seller/product says there are 100 screws in that jar, I expect there to be 100 in there, but no picture is going to show me that there are 100 in there. All I can see is a whole bunch of screws jammed into a jar. I don't know about you guys but I would be taking that jar of screws back and asking for more screws or a new box with the advertised 100 screws.

Furthermore, even if the sale was attached with the statement, "what you see here is what you'll get", if it is followed by, "and there are 100 polyps there", well, that's great, so I would expect to see that exact rock that is pictured, AND I expect to to get 100 polyps on that rock (even if I can't see 100 polyps in the picture).. Just like the jar of screws right? What you see on the shelf is what you get, but the label says there are 100 in there so you don't take the box home and tell yourself, oh there are only 65 screws in here, well, I should have seen that there weren't 100 screws in that box, dumb me, I guess I'll go buy extra screws.

~*~*Stefan*~*~
Formally known as Svaningen
35 gallon Red Sea Max
Only 16 years old!!!!
CALL AFTER 3:00 ON WEEKDAYS. 604 782 3313
Old 07-16-2010, 05:15 PM

trinac is on a distinguished road

I can see a couple important facts here that need to be resolved:

#1 TD has the money back

#2 TD still has the coral

The coral should be returned to the seller promptly. Perhaps at the seller's expense, which I am sure the seller probably would be okay with?

If TD is such a stand-up guy as everyone is saying I think he would be more than happy to send a product back that he currently, now, hasn't paid anything for.

Trina
Old 07-16-2010, 05:21 PM
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸. ><(((º>

kien will become famous soon enoughkien will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinac View Post
I can see a couple important facts here that need to be resolved:

#1 TD has the money back

#2 TD still has the coral

The coral should be returned to the seller promptly. Perhaps at the seller's expense, which I am sure the seller probably would be okay with?

If TD is such a stand-up guy as everyone is saying I think he would be more than happy to send a product back that he currently, now, hasn't paid anything for.
This is where I am really confused.. TD says he didn't get any money?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tang daddy View Post
Like I told you through Pm there was options..... I was going to ship you back the paly's and you give me a refund, but instead of taking any of the options I suggested you told me it was a buyer beware market and my problem now.

you also said you were going to refund me some money as soon as you got home after work but that was over 1 month ago and still nothing!

I am willing to work things out, just pm me
Old 07-16-2010, 05:24 PM

From the post below, it appears that the money was exchanged via paypal back to TD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-O- View Post
Really!!! I come home after being out of town doing my dads estate to find a Letter in my mailbox!!

looks like u got back your $250.00 AND YOU STILL HAVE MY CORAL!? I offered you some money back in my PM and never heard back from you on that. So you close my ****in paypal account take the money and keep the coral!! So its all my ****in loss now ?? looks like im buying a plane ticket!!!!!!

Trina
Old 07-16-2010, 05:26 PM
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸. ><(((º>

kien will become famous soon enoughkien will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinac View Post
From the post below, it appears that the money was exchanged via paypal back to TD
Ya. Again, that is where the confusion is. It sounds like the seller refunded the buyer money, but the buyer is saying he hasn't received anything. See, confusing.
Old 07-16-2010, 05:28 PM

4lti7ude is on a distinguished road

When shipping fish or corals from dealers isnt their no guarantee on them?

4lti7ude's 20Gallon Nano Tank
Old 07-16-2010, 05:33 PM

Well whoever is in the wrong here, at this moment in time and it could be both parties, should just do the right thing.

In my opinion, the right thing would be to do the following:
#1 send coral back and refund cash
#2 go your separate ways

When exchanging live creatures there is always an element of risk involved, and more especially when dealing with folks you have no knowledge of. I think in this case, no one was out to take advantage of the other, instead Ego's were bruised by being talked of on a public forum and the issue has been escalated artificially.

Anyways, just sort it out like adults and get on with your day already.

Trina
Old 07-16-2010, 06:05 PM

SpateD is on a distinguished road

Kien, I'm pretty sure from the sounds of the seller's upset post, that TD went and made a dispute on paypal. While the seller was gone, he couldn't reply his side of the story to paypal, hence paypal giving TD a full refund.

Disputes on paypal though I believe take up to a week.. You have to make a dispute, then escalate it into a claim. If TD didn't give the seller a chance to reply before turning it into a claim, then it would have been closed by paypal a lot faster.

I know how paypal works, and I think TD needs to make a choice, give the money back and keep the coral, or ship the coral ASAP without sabotaging it for the inconvenience. I would say with the situation as it is, take pictures of the coral before being shipped with watermarked dates, and show the seller, so when he gets it, he'll get what is in the picture and not what has been killed, or fragged or whatever else.
Old 07-16-2010, 06:43 PM

Coleus is on a distinguished road

I think both of you should meet half way, First TD Asks for 100 bucks back, why not split $50 on each side instead going through shipping this coral back and forth and this does no good to the coral. This is why i hate shipping stuff because things like this can happen.

I think it is fair that TD resends money of $200 to Steve.

OR TD can also send me $250 plus the coral and i will settle it for both of you :-)
Old 07-16-2010, 07:07 PM

lol No way hozzay!! I am like the voice of reason on this thread, I think THAT I should get the cash and the coral and everyone calls it a day.

Actually how about 3 more people also send me $250 and free corals, I want to buy a new fork for my bike and have a 90G to stock up!!

PM for transfer information and address.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coleus View Post
I think both of you should meet half way, First TD Asks for 100 bucks back, why not split $50 on each side instead going through shipping this coral back and forth and this does no good to the coral. This is why i hate shipping stuff because things like this can happen.

I think it is fair that TD resends money of $200 to Steve.

OR TD can also send me $250 plus the coral and i will settle it for both of you :-)
PS. I am still under the impression that TD already has his $ refunded from Paypal. I wonder what the current situation is.

Trina
Closed Thread