Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Vendor Forums > Oceanic Corals > Everything Pellets

Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2010, 11:45 PM

ILIKECOUGARS is on a distinguished road

Ian, any information on the bio-pellets yet. Can you add this to my order if its not to late. I had phone in my credit card infor.

1- Biopellet Reactor MOD
Two 6" x 6" pieces large enough to do one reactor of any type.
Product Code: BIOC56

Thanks,
Ed.
Old 03-01-2010, 11:50 PM

banditpowdercoat is on a distinguished road

My nitrates have gone from >25 to <5 in a Month. With just 2 10% water changes.

Never have I been able to reduce that fast! No noticable depreciation in pellet volume/size yet either. 500Ml on 150g tank

Umm, a tank or 5
Old 03-02-2010, 02:28 AM
Moved on

OceanicCorals-Ian- is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILIKECOUGARS View Post
Ian, any information on the bio-pellets yet. Can you add this to my order if its not to late. I had phone in my credit card infor.

1- Biopellet Reactor MOD
Two 6" x 6" pieces large enough to do one reactor of any type.
Product Code: BIOC56

Thanks,
Ed.
Ed,

No problem at all! Pellets are all being shipped out today tomorrow and Wednesday! We will charge you CC through once they ship.

Ian
Old 03-06-2010, 02:14 AM

Borderjumper is on a distinguished road

Hey Ian, or anyone else who knows
Should I stop using GFO once I start the bio pellets?
Old 03-06-2010, 02:54 AM

imisky is on a distinguished road

i would stop using GFO once the bio pellets are on as bacteria utilizes NO3 and PO4 + carbon source to grow. Once GFO sucks out all the PO4 the NO3 will stop being utilized and you'll get a build up of NO3 overtime.
Old 03-06-2010, 03:19 AM
Moved on

OceanicCorals-Ian- is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by imisky View Post
i would stop using GFO once the bio pellets are on as bacteria utilizes NO3 and PO4 + carbon source to grow. Once GFO sucks out all the PO4 the NO3 will stop being utilized and you'll get a build up of NO3 overtime.
What he said.
Old 03-06-2010, 03:42 AM

George is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanicCorals-Ian- View Post
What he said.
hmmm..so a tank needs to have both PO4 and NO3 for this product to work? Can NP pellet consume all of PO4 before NO3 being completely consumed in a tank? What will happen if that is the case?
Old 03-06-2010, 04:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by George View Post
hmmm..so a tank needs to have both PO4 and NO3 for this product to work? Can NP pellet consume all of PO4 before NO3 being completely consumed in a tank? What will happen if that is the case?
thats correct, a tank needs both PO4 and NO3 for this product to work. Its almost impossible to have a tank stipped 100% of PO4 and NO3 so no matter what this product will reduce nutrient levels. Once a tank has any trace amount of PO4 or NO3 the bacteria will start to utilize it to grow.

The bio pellets consumes PO4 and NO3 in the ratio that is needed by the bacterias so it will reduce both PO4 and NO3 at the same time and because of that one will not become depleted before the other unless specific removers such as GFO or nitrate removers are used. plus anytime you feed the fish you are adding PO4 and NO3 into the system which in turn feeds the bacterias.

But in the case that one nutrient gets limited, you will observed either PO4 or NO3 hovering at a range and not changing but that is purely hypothetical and does not happen in real life.

Last edited by imisky; 03-06-2010 at 04:54 AM.
Old 03-06-2010, 05:22 AM

George is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Quote:
Quote:
thats correct, a tank needs both PO4 and NO3 for this product to work. Its almost impossible to have a tank stipped 100% of PO4 and NO3 so no matter what this product will reduce nutrient levels. Once a tank has any trace amount of PO4 or NO3 the bacteria will start to utilize it to grow.

The bio pellets consumes PO4 and NO3 in the ratio that is needed by the bacterias so it will reduce both PO4 and NO3 at the same time and because of that one will not become depleted before the other unless specific removers such as GFO or nitrate removers are used. plus anytime you feed the fish you are adding PO4 and NO3 into the system which in turn feeds the bacterias.

But in the case that one nutrient gets limited, you will observed either PO4 or NO3 hovering at a range and not changing but that is purely hypothetical and does not happen in real life.
OK, thanks for the clarification!
Old 03-06-2010, 06:02 AM

Quote:
OK, thanks for the clarification!
glad i could help
Closed Thread