Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Product Review and Equipment Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-26-2007, 10:43 PM
Rest In Peace

Doug has disabled reputation
Default Tunze 9010 skimmer

I decided to purchase the Tunze 9010 skimmer for my new 90, as its had great reviews and I wanted to go sumpless, although this skimmer can be put in a sump. Purchased it from JL. Price is fine for a Tunze product, just wish I had purchased it when on sale @ boxing day. I was a day late.

I played with it in my coral holding tub but placed it in the tank today after I finished moving the stock.

Easy to set up and install. Holding brackets are the usual Tunze puzzle, , but I,ve had experience from my stream pumps. Very impressive large cup, which come out in a sec for cleaning, including the foam neck, which is part of the cup.

Looks fine in the tank, like a typical corner overflow. Pics are after a couple hrs. Easy air adjust & easy to control the water intake from full bore to full critter friendly re-circ. mode.

I will have more review later, after the skimmer has some time on it and a couple more pics.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Tunze 002.jpg (23.8 KB, 311 views)
File Type: jpg Tunze 004.jpg (144.3 KB, 265 views)