Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 06-16-2007, 02:57 PM

trilinearmipmap is on a distinguished road

I don't know the answer. On the one hand people should be able to say what they want within the bounds of decency and good taste. On the other hand the aquarium board is supposed to be about aquarium topics.

I might find someone on these boards who is a talented aquarist and has lots of information to offer. However if he finds out that I am anti-drug, anti pit-bull and Rottweiller (to give an example), pro-family, pro-tolerating gays, anti tolerating Islamist terrorists, pro-racial profiling of Islamist terrorists, pro-grizzly hunting, anti-union, and anti-big government, then we might have a problem dealing with each other.

So in the interests of getting along I will keep as quiet as I can about my political and social views on this forum. The few times I have opened my mouth about these things I have offended someone I am sure.
Old 06-16-2007, 05:46 PM

Snappy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by trilinearmipmap View Post
So in the interests of getting along I will keep as quiet as I can about my political and social views on this forum. The few times I have opened my mouth about these things I have offended someone I am sure.
Some people get offended if you have a tang in a 90 gal so you'll never please everybody. I've said this before but one problem with the written word is it's often hard to tell what tone is really meant when reading it,(even with the emotion icons) so some folks may get offended.

Greg
Old 06-16-2007, 06:33 PM

X-Treme is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snappy View Post
I don't know that this board is the place for some of the items mentioned but I generally don't notice that stuff going on. If I want to see reef stuff I don't go to the lounge to find it and rarely spend time there at all. I prefer to spend my time on other threads that help me advance in the hobby. The whole lounge forum could disappear and I likely wouldn't notice it gone for months. So I guess what I'm saying is that what happens there doesn't seem to affect me
I couldn't have said this better myself......

If you only want to know about aquarium/fish related stuff............STAY OUT OF THE LOUNGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

38 Gallon Custom Starphire, Remora Pro, 2 Seio 820's, 24" Giesemann Infiniti 1x250W MH + 4x24W T5, 60lbs Live Rock.
Old 06-16-2007, 06:56 PM

Veng68 is on a distinguished road

there is no such thing as free speech on a private message board

Cheers,
Vic[veng68]
Old 06-16-2007, 06:58 PM
Rest In Peace

Doug has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Treme View Post
I couldn't have said this better myself......

If you only want to know about aquarium/fish related stuff............STAY OUT OF THE LOUNGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Fine, I will do that.

Oh, sorry, forgot as a staff member I have to go read all the crap to see if its following board rules.
Old 06-16-2007, 07:00 PM

Der_Iron_Chef is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Der_Iron_Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by trilinearmipmap View Post
I might find someone on these boards who is a talented aquarist and has lots of information to offer. However if he finds out that I am anti-drug, anti pit-bull and Rottweiller (to give an example), pro-family, pro-tolerating gays, anti tolerating Islamist terrorists, pro-racial profiling of Islamist terrorists, pro-grizzly hunting, anti-union, and anti-big government, then we might have a problem dealing with each other.
I could pick a fight if I wanted here. LOL. And that's the point, isn't it? "Tolerating gays? So they need to be tolerated? How nice!"

Which illustrates a point...like Snappy said. The written word is subject to interpretation (authorial intent vs. reader response). What you mean, what you say and what I interpret are all very different things.

10G Nano * 10G Sump * Deltec MCE 600 Skimmer * JBL Viper 150w MH * Zeovit * Vortech MP40W

Millions long for immortality who do not know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon. ~S. Ertz

Old 06-17-2007, 06:01 AM

trilinearmipmap is on a distinguished road

OK tolerating isn't the right word, I guess accepting them or treating them equally is what I meant.