Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Vendor Forums > Oceanic Corals

Old 07-23-2010, 02:21 AM
Gold Member

SeaHorse_Fanatic will become famous soon enough

Ron99 has the PAR meter a bunch of us local reefers chipped in to buy together I believe. He can test it out for you & you can post the results. Very interested in seeing how much light these put out. Is it supposed to be like a MH (2' x 2' coverage)?
Old 07-23-2010, 04:25 AM

OceanicCorals-Eugene- is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaHorse_Fanatic View Post
Ron99 has the PAR meter a bunch of us local reefers chipped in to buy together I believe. He can test it out for you & you can post the results. Very interested in seeing how much light these put out. Is it supposed to be like a MH (2' x 2' coverage)?
Thanks Anthony once we get these in I'll take that up when the time comes. These put out 40 lumines per watt more per emitter if I remember correctly... that isn't par but with 9 leds in the bulb your looking at close to equivalent of 10 XR-E emitter (lux). As for coverage it'll do close to 1' x 1' roughly where the intensity is highest to keep coral up to sps.

Edit: Just to give a rough idea of what these guys are capable of doing, the XR-E version of the 27W ICE CooL.E.D gave 250PAR at 12" depth so we can probably assume that the PAR value will be at 300-350 given that the lamp now uses a 750ma driver instead of the 600ma driver previously.

Last edited by OceanicCorals-Eugene-; 07-23-2010 at 04:32 AM.
Old 07-23-2010, 05:08 AM
Gold Member

SeaHorse_Fanatic will become famous soon enough

Irene has agreed (enthusiastically in fact) to letting me change our 2'x2'x2' cube tank from a fancy goldfish tank to a species (anemone/clownfish) tank. Would a single unit placed over the middle be enough to light such a tank sufficiently for anemones (RBTA on top & Sebaes on the bottom)?

Anthony
Old 08-04-2010, 11:16 PM

Update:

The LED spotlights will be shipped out early next week, we are expecting it to arrive a week after if all goes well (hopefully customs doesnt hold it)
Old 08-18-2010, 08:00 AM

Update:

An unexpected delay came up with the supplier as a result the LEDs has yet to be shipped to us, at the moment ETA for shipment is early next week.

To those who has purchased the spotlight, im currently working with the supplier to help them speed things up as I know the delay has been extremely long this time around. Thank you for the patience
Old 09-14-2010, 07:45 AM

The LEDs have finally arrived! its been a long wait for those that pre-ordered the spotlights before July 31. Due to the unexpected long wait of 2 months, we are giving those who was in on the pre-order a $40 store credit to spend on any livestock as a way to say "thank you for being patient with us on this order".

Again the bulbs are in and will be available for pickup on Wednesday at the store once I bring them in.
Old 09-14-2010, 08:00 AM

double posting,

the final product had a bit of change in the looks,

the fin design was changed a bit for a simpler look as well as the diffusers.

The holder plate was simplified to remove the moon shape cutouts, overall it looks much more sleek and runs fairly cool.

diffuser and holder plate design change