Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Buy/Sell/Trade > Buy/Sell/Trade (Aquatics hardware related only)

Old 01-25-2014, 12:46 AM

kacairns is on a distinguished road

Are these cables made so they convert the 0-10v from the apex to 0-5v for the jebao pump?
Old 01-25-2014, 01:06 AM

Torx is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kacairns View Post
Are these cables made so they convert the 0-10v from the apex to 0-5v for the jebao pump?
Correct. The cable converts the 0-10v that the Apex puts out to a 0-5v signal for the Jebao pump.
Old 01-25-2014, 01:32 AM

Steel_Wind is on a distinguished road

This question has been asked many times on Reef Central, Manhattan etc.. Never has there been a specific or satisfactory response.

I'll try anyways

Will this cable work with a Reefkeeper's 0-10v pump controller? RKL/RKE or otherwise?
Old 01-25-2014, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel_Wind View Post
This question has been asked many times on Reef Central, Manhattan etc.. Never has there been a specific or satisfactory response.

I'll try anyways

Will this cable work with a Reefkeeper's 0-10v pump controller? RKL/RKE or otherwise?

This cable will not connect to RKL/RKE as is.

The connection on these are ethernet and RKL/RKE has a special connector. If you had the RKL/RFE connector, then the end of this cable could be cut off and modified with the correct connection, then it would work. I do not have a RKL/RKE, so I am not 100% on the connection type, I just know it is not ethernet. If there was a place to get these connections, I could build one that would work for RKL/RKE.

ReefKeeper Switch Adapter Kit Digital Aquatics would work if you have one and the wires can be spliced into this harness. I will do some reading today to see a little more, so far I haven't even had a morning coffee.

Last edited by Torx; 01-25-2014 at 12:39 PM.
Old 01-25-2014, 01:04 PM

k...first coffee in the system.

Pretty sure the ALC module uses these, they look like 2 pin molex, but I do not know anyone who has a RKL/RKE to confirm.

Old 01-25-2014, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torx View Post

Pretty sure the ALC module uses these, they look like 2 pin molex, but I do not know anyone who has a RKL/RKE to confirm.

No.

The relevant Reefkeeper module is the APC controller (Automatic Pump Controller, not the ALC = Automatic Light Controller)

Secondly, the control cable connector is based, I think, (NOT sure) upon a RJ45 jack ending (it could well be RJ11 though). The APC module is intended to control the Tunze line of powerheads.

Reefkeeper bus cables are based upon a RJ11 jack, though the pin out is different from a std phone cable, on that I am 100% certain.

Last edited by Steel_Wind; 01-25-2014 at 03:02 PM.
Old 01-25-2014, 03:13 PM

IGNORE THE ABOVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torx View Post

Yes and No.

there IS a two pin 0-10v connector on the ALC and MLC controllers based upon a small 2 pin molex.

The relevant Reefkeeper module for pump control, for what it is worth is the APC controller (Automatic Pump Controller, not the ALC = Automatic Light Controller). Though yes, the ALC does have a two pin style connector that can 0-10v and is a FAR more common module among RK owners.

The APC module has 4 connectors to control the Tunze line of pupmp based upon a RJ11 connector. The APC module is intended to control the Tunze line of powerheads. I know that people have used Cat5 as an underlying cable without problem though if modified properly to terminate in RJ11.

Reefkeeper bus cables are also based upon a RJ11 jack, though the pin out is different from a std phone cable, on that I am 100% certain.

I would predict that if you can modify your cable for use with a Reefkeeper APC? Or the 0-10v connector on an ALC, you could sell a LOT of these cables!

Last edited by Steel_Wind; 01-25-2014 at 03:16 PM.