Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Product Review and Equipment Forum > Pump Specific

Old 02-28-2015, 06:21 PM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samw View Post
Ok, yeah, I misread that. You put in a double negative. So like I said, use a cord wrap and you got yourself a 2' quick disconnect instead of a 6' quick disconnect. You can then disconnect the pump from 2' away (The nice thing is that this is configurable so you can make it 3', 4' or 5' away). You can then clean the pump (the cord wrap follows the pump of course) and reconnect it afterwards.
That makes no sense. Pump is at A. Controller is at B. Distance from A to B is 6' that travels behind tank through all the other poorly designed cords. I still have to unplug from controller and fish it back and forth regardless of how tidy the pump end is.
What I want is to unplug at the pump, leave other end hanging, clean pump and hook back up without fishing it through the back of the tank.
Old 02-28-2015, 07:02 PM

Samw is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquattro View Post
That makes no sense. Pump is at A. Controller is at B. Distance from A to B is 6' that travels behind tank through all the other poorly designed cords. I still have to unplug from controller and fish it back and forth regardless of how tidy the pump end is.
What I want is to unplug at the pump, leave other end hanging, clean pump and hook back up without fishing it through the back of the tank.

Isn't this what you want?

Old 02-28-2015, 08:18 PM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Isn't this what you want?
Sure. But I don't need to wrap cord. As your diagram suggests, all I need is a quick disconnect 2 feet before the pump. Surplus wire can hang out with it's buddy Mr Apex.
Old 02-28-2015, 09:39 PM

So given what is available in this world, you would rather go with no quick disconnects rather than wrap a little bit of cord.
Old 02-28-2015, 09:44 PM
Just a guy..

Sam, you're not paying attention The wrap does me no good. I still have to fish the end of the cord behind my tank. I need a connection right before the pump
Old 02-28-2015, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquattro View Post
Sam, you're not paying attention The wrap does me no good. I still have to fish the end of the cord behind my tank. I need a connection right before the pump
The wrap brings the quick disconnect to 2' to the pump which is what you want. It turns a 6' cord into a 2' cord. So that's what you want. So now, you don't need to fish for the end of the cord because the cord is only 2' long.

Last edited by Samw; 02-28-2015 at 09:51 PM.
Old 03-01-2015, 03:04 AM
On Hiatus

gregzz4 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
The wrap brings the quick disconnect to 2' to the pump which is what you want. It turns a 6' cord into a 2' cord. So that's what you want. So now, you don't need to fish for the end of the cord because the cord is only 2' long.
Holee crap Sam
You're missing the point that he needs the 6' cord to remain 6' long as his Apex is that far away from the point where his pump cord leaves the water

He cannot shorten the 6 foot length by winding it up