Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Marine Fish

Old 02-21-2009, 02:55 PM

my2rotties is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to my2rotties Send a message via Yahoo to my2rotties

SHe appeared to be rallying back last night but discovered her dead this morning. This really sucks as she ius one of my favorite fish.
Old 02-21-2009, 03:07 PM
Banned

Leah is on a distinguished road

Awh!
That is to bad, I think when you lose an angel - it is the worst.
Old 02-21-2009, 03:40 PM

This fish was a picture of health and vigor. Now she is gone. Now that I look at her she seems to be eroding away and got skinny over night. She was fat and healthy two days ago... she looked so promising last night.

She also looks like her head rotted from inside out. I have the picture of the one side of her head but now it seems it worked through to the other. A healthy robust fish fish just fades away to nothing in a day or two astounds me. Can I have her sent somewhere and find out what killed her. I know it sounds silly, fish always die, but this is a mystery. I had her in the prescribed antibiotic that the LFS gave me for treatment. I was going to bring her there for them to heal her. They were very worried about her but I could not make it back to the city last night when they wanted her.

It is hard to lose an angel and I was so proud to have this little fish. I won't be getting another again. I try only once with a species and am very saddened that I lost my favorite one.

Last edited by my2rotties; 02-21-2009 at 06:38 PM.
Old 02-21-2009, 03:42 PM

Carmen is on a distinguished road

So sorry Diana.

45 Gallon Cube with 10 Gallon Sump, Lighting 8 bulb T5, Vertex IN 80 Skimmer
-2 Occelaris Clowns, Engineer Goby, RBTA, Peppermint Shrimp
Old 02-21-2009, 03:49 PM

fishytime will become famous soon enough

Ok please dont take this the wrong way, but you have how many fish in a tank that is only a little over two months old?.....Methinks yous two should take it easy. Quite surprised you havnt crashed the tank.
260g mixed reef, 105g sump, water blaster 7000 return, Bubble King SM 300 skimmer, Aqua Controller Jr, 4 radions, 3 Tunze 6055s,1 tunze 6065, 2 Vortech MP40s, Vortech MP20, Tunze ATO, GHL SA2 doser, 2 TLF reactors (1 carbon, 1 rowa). http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=50034 . Tank Video here http://www.vimeo.com/2304609 and here http://www.vimeo.com/16591694
Old 02-21-2009, 04:23 PM

I think because I have probably over 400 pounds of very well established live rock in my system of 260g, 55g, and 72g tanks with the 55g packed with cheato, and well over 200 pounds of live sand, and my anal habits of checking params when I don't need to has helped.

I have a skimmer that is much bigger then what I need, a UV sterilizer, phosband reactor, filter socks and everything else I need to support a few fish. I have many but not nearly what other have and do not admit to having. I have a tnak full of corals and with the awesome help of my canreef friend, I have it all down to a science now.

The only fish I have lost have been jumpers, and this angel that was healthy two days ago. I am not taking things the wrong way, but I know my water quality and amount of fish have nothing to do with her demise.

It is easy to speculate and say that my having a new tank with lots of livestock is to blame for the death of this poor little fish. If you talk to any people whom have seen my system they would say my fish are happy and thriving. This angel has grown and was super robust and healthy until Thursday.

Tanks do crash even for the best people whom have done everything right, I see it on the forums all the time. This fish did not die from having too many other fish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishytime View Post
Ok please dont take this the wrong way, but you have how many fish in a tank that is only a little over two months old?.....Methinks yous two should take it easy. Quite surprised you havnt crashed the tank.
Old 02-21-2009, 07:26 PM

dsaundry is on a distinguished road

Too bad about the fish...I love Majestics...trying to get one myself again.
Lost a juvenile about 2 yrs ago and havent found a replacement at a decent price yet...
Old 02-21-2009, 09:11 PM

Thanks, it is really heart breaking to have a healthy happy fish go down in two days. She wasted away over night and I am shocked at the death. The Majestic has to be the prettiest angel there is... nice personalities too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsaundry View Post
Too bad about the fish...I love Majestics...trying to get one myself again.
Lost a juvenile about 2 yrs ago and havent found a replacement at a decent price yet...
Old 02-21-2009, 10:58 PM

fishoholic will become famous soon enough

So sorry to hear!
Old 02-22-2009, 12:35 AM
Vendor

Red Coral Aquariums is on a distinguished road

Diana and Frank;

Sorry to hear of your loss. Majestics are difficult to come across in this hobby. It looks and sounds like it was an internal parasite which could exist in your system or the system where you purchased the Majestic. My suggestion would be a reef safe additive to food for parasites. I was thinking along this line just not this product.
http://www.petsolutions.com/default....47170&SID=SPCM
Hopefully this helps you in your research.

Good Luck.
Kevin