Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 05-10-2016, 02:37 PM

spedly is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by intarsiabox View Post
Just received my bucket of reef salt today, ordered on Wednesday night and showed up already with the pail in one piece. I'm down to my last 2 cups of RC so I'll soon see if this salt is just as good. It's already cheaper than RC and it shows up on my door step so two pluses already. No free bottle of anything though.
The price is great and having delivered to my door is terrific. Very disruptive to the LFS who continues to resist competing at a national level.
Old 05-10-2016, 03:59 PM

Fesso is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by spedly View Post
The price is great and having delivered to my door is terrific. Very disruptive to the LFS who continues to resist competing at a national level.
No kidding right. As much as I like to support my LFSs I love having that big heavy bucket brought to my door for free!

I filed a complaint to Amazon about my broken bucket a few weeks ago but have not heard anything.... oh well, it was worth a shot.
Old 05-10-2016, 11:16 PM

rburns24 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fesso View Post
No kidding right. As much as I like to support my LFSs I love having that big heavy bucket brought to my door for free!

I filed a complaint to Amazon about my broken bucket a few weeks ago but have not heard anything.... oh well, it was worth a shot.
-
The last salt(22 kg.) i got from Amazon.ca came in a bag delivered in a box.
I think that's the method they've switched to.
-
Old 05-10-2016, 11:21 PM

intarsiabox is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rburns24 View Post
-
The last salt(22 kg.) i got from Amazon.ca came in a bag delivered in a box.
I think that's the method they've switched to.
-
Mine showed up yesterday in a pail. Maybe you got lucky and they shipped you the 25kg box by accident?
Old 05-10-2016, 11:50 PM

-
I just checked my last order, and it was the box I ordered. I guess my thoughts about them
shipping salt in bags and boxes is just wishful thinking.
-
Old 05-11-2016, 12:28 AM

intarsiabox is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rburns24 View Post
-
I just checked my last order, and it was the box I ordered. I guess my thoughts about them
shipping salt in bags and boxes is just wishful thinking.
-
My salt did come bagged inside of the bucket but I think I'm going to put it in my own pail anyway. I have one with a rubber gasket in the lid and I'm not sure how well the AF buckets actually seal once the bag is opened. Next time around if I like the salt I'm going with the box.
Old 05-11-2016, 01:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by intarsiabox View Post
My salt did come bagged inside of the bucket but I think I'm going to put it in my own pail anyway. I have one with a rubber gasket in the lid and I'm not sure how well the AF buckets actually seal once the bag is opened. Next time around if I like the salt I'm going with the box.
-
I use a old(Instant Ocean) bucket with a rubber gasket as well. Gives a nice tight seal.
-
Old 05-11-2016, 02:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myka View Post
I emailed them to ask about it,and that's what they told me. Since then I've noticed a couple tanks on RC using the 2L version on a doser.
Well they weren't lying to you. The jug showed up today - which blew my mind considering I ordered it two days ago. There was no box, no instructions - just a small jug. I checked out the web site and sure enough, it's meant for a dosing I don't have one so I found an unused syringe for dosing. Not a big deal. I guess we'll see how well this stuff works in conjunction with ProBioticS.
Old 05-11-2016, 03:13 AM

Myka will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by spedly View Post
Well they weren't lying to you. The jug showed up today - which blew my mind considering I ordered it two days ago. There was no box, no instructions - just a small jug. I checked out the web site and sure enough, it's meant for a dosing I don't have one so I found an unused syringe for dosing. Not a big deal. I guess we'll see how well this stuff works in conjunction with ProBioticS.
Hehe, nothing on the jug about dosing? The Component 1+2+3+ have instructions written on the jugs, but no instructions on paper are supplied.

SPS fanatic.

Old 05-11-2016, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myka View Post
Hehe, nothing on the jug about dosing? The Component 1+2+3+ have instructions written on the jugs, but no instructions on paper are supplied.
Nope. Nothing at all on the jug. Oh well I'm glad I found some instructions on the web site.

Are you dosing ProBioS and NP Pro daily, Myka? I thought I read somewhere that if you're dosing NP Pro that you only need to dose ProBioS for two weeks and then NP Pro will sustain the bacteria going forward.