Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Buy/Sell/Trade > Buy/Sell/Trade (Aquatics hardware related only)

Old 06-29-2007, 07:36 PM

cooper is on a distinguished road

Bump
Old 06-29-2007, 07:55 PM

NateL is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to NateL

I take it your looking for a square tank? I have a 46 bowfront for sale that is 36x16x20.

http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=32624
Old 06-29-2007, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateL View Post
I take it your looking for a square tank? I have a 46 bowfront for sale that is 36x16x20.

http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=32624

The ideal tank is 36x16x20 (square tank) but you never know. If I can't find a square tank then I'll start to consider other options. How much do you want just for the tank? I already have the stand.
Old 06-29-2007, 11:37 PM

dockrat is on a distinguished road

You can have the tank made by sea star... It will cost more than a standard tank but its well worth it you can also have them custom drill it for overflows and such... try Ocean Aquatics...
Old 06-30-2007, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dockrat View Post
You can have the tank made by sea star... It will cost more than a standard tank but its well worth it you can also have them custom drill it for overflows and such... try Ocean Aquatics...
Hey
I am aware that I could get a custom made tank but that would be very expensive. I was hoping that somebody would have one for sale at a decent price.

Thanks anyway for the suggestion.
Old 06-30-2007, 01:45 AM

Rippin is on a distinguished road

I think the dimensions you are looking for is a bit uncommon. Did you need that size to fit specifically in a spot in your home? The more common 50g breeder tank is 36x18x18. That is what I'm running currently. Good luck.
Old 06-30-2007, 05:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rippin View Post
I think the dimensions you are looking for is a bit uncommon. Did you need that size to fit specifically in a spot in your home? The more common 50g breeder tank is 36x18x18. That is what I'm running currently. Good luck.

A similar tank was for sale few days ago but I was not sure if that's the one I wanted. Then I made up my mind but by the time I got in touch with the seller the tank was not available anymore.

I think it was a Hagen tank and it is not that difficult to find. I know of a few stores that sell this tank. But I wanted to buy it used so I could get a better deal. It seems that I will have to buy it at the fish store after all.
Old 06-30-2007, 06:56 AM

Rippin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooper View Post
A similar tank was for sale few days ago but I was not sure if that's the one I wanted. Then I made up my mind but by the time I got in touch with the seller the tank was not available anymore.

I think it was a Hagen tank and it is not that difficult to find. I know of a few stores that sell this tank. But I wanted to buy it used so I could get a better deal. It seems that I will have to buy it at the fish store after all.

Ok, but you threw me for a loop with this comment:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooper View Post
Any idea where I can get a tank with these dimensions 36"long X 15"wide X 20"H ? I have been calling all the stores in Vancouver and it seems that nobody carries this tank size. :-(
Good luck.
Old 06-30-2007, 07:25 AM

Yeah....I phoned a few stores and none carried a tank with the dimensions that I am looking for. But after calling almost every fish store in Vancouver I found a couple of LFS that sell this tank. The price of this tank brand new is a bit more than what I would like to spend. That's why I was hoping to find a second hand because they are usually cheaper.