Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Vendor Forums > Aqua Digital > Seneye Life Support

Old 02-06-2015, 12:37 PM

Aqua-Digital is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up SENEYE OUT AND ABOUT

We have the great pleasure to inform that SENEYE is now with over 15 dealers across Canada many of them having demo units for you to play with.

please email us at sales@aqua-digital.com for your nearest Seneye authorised stockist.

J&L demo unit arrives mid next week for all Vancouver customers.

Last edited by Aqua-Digital; 02-06-2015 at 12:40 PM.
Old 02-06-2015, 08:51 PM

Thumbs up

Seneye has been arriving today all over Canada. See here the stand at Dereks Reef shop!

Old 02-07-2015, 12:32 AM

Derek14 is on a distinguished road

Love Seneye. Here's a picture of my iPhone App. Just to make it clear, you have to soak the Slider 48hrs before using. So, there's no reading on Ph, NH4, NH3
Attached Images
File Type: jpg iphoneSeneye.jpg (15.7 KB, 38 views)
Old 02-07-2015, 03:54 AM

Thanks Derek.

for the underwater light meter alone its worth the $159 price tag!
Old 02-07-2015, 12:13 PM

some great feedback we got on facebook from our retailers clients. Initial thoughts are always great

"Hmm I love my Apex but I definitely doesn't measure all that! Would be super handy for cycling"

"The Seneye comes with an accurate state of the art UNDERWATER light meter also, built IN! Not only does it measure PAR but also PUR (the measurement of usable growth light), but also LUX. ALL for $159!!!!! WOW"

"ya that is pretty cool, it is on my wish list as well"

"On my wish list!"

"Following along want to see exactly what this can do"

"Nice that it reads O2 also. Didn't know that it did that also"

Old 02-07-2015, 12:34 PM

Derek14 is on a distinguished road

I bought a Par Meter a few years ago. It cost me over $400 seems to me. This Seneye is a real bargain for all that it does.

As a shop owner, fish in and out all the time. I'm going to set one up on my fish systems so I can always monitor those levels that are important before it's too late. Especially when you get a big order of new fish
Old 02-08-2015, 03:35 PM

SOME MORE GREAT FEEDBACK FROM REEFCENTRAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by AhmedLFC View Post

Yeah I like it , it gives me all key metrics to when I am away from home to keep the tank alive

Temp - is it where it needs to be (yes - great / no - call the mrs or the tank sitter and ask them to check the heaters/chiller)

pH - is it stable (yes - great / no - call and ask mrs or tank sitter to check gyre is churning and returns are kicking, if pH is crazy ask tank sitter ... not mrs to check calc reactor isn't doing anything stupid

NH3 - is skimmer doing what it needs to (yes - great / no - great mrs needs to clean it )

NH4 - is mrs / tank sitter feeding too heavy - if yes tell them off on the phone

O2 - it is what it is... if its depleting off track is there something going on with tank like a algae bloom? get a visual check via webcam or facetime

Lux/Par/Kel - are lights on or off when they should be (are corals getting light?) if no get someone to check. Also as you rightly spotted I don't need this to be a super accurate par meter I just need to understand the variance compared to the apogee (circa 10%) and when the reading start to drop , I need to get ordering tubes. Becomes a little less guess work and more controlled.

Must say all in all I am impressed with what seneye offer. I know some people want more tests, and no need for a pc interface. I do think these things will come as I have emailed seneye regards what developments are in pipeline.

All of the above at a pretty cheap price, and its not trying to run my system for me like most aquarium computer type devices. I think marine tanks are too tactile to try to run on fully auto via computers. This is a great price point to monitor the things that will keep my stock alive and healthy when I am not around to do it, or need to do a quick remote health check.

I will take some screenshots of the web interface it shows historic data and more importantly the trend in readings over a few days.