Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Product Review and Equipment Forum > Filtration and Skimmer Specific

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-01-2012, 06:26 AM

lockrookie is on a distinguished road
Default the unofficial bubble magus curve 9 review

so here it is i just received the bubble magus curve 9 skimmer. now i had tried to ask the distributor questions about this skimmer and the best reply was..if you want answers to your questions..review the skimmer. i really dont want to get into the whole conversation. lets just say whatever the outcome this review will be more than honest. and i will try to document every detail through its life of my ownership. or its death.

When i picked up the skimmer from Pats pets today, (thanks again pat), my first inpression of the box was ..hoooooleeeee *sensored*thats a huge box.. then my second thought was did i make a mistake will it fit.... we will get to the last thought in a bit..

first here are some pictures of the unpacking process all in all it was packed very well.

i took all the pieces out and assembled the skimmer a few things i noticed that im leary about is how the skimmer cup connects to the body. it really doesn't seat easily but im sure after a year or so it may losen up a bit. the hose from the air diffuser to the pump is a bit short but they do have a second hose if you want to re position the pump 90 degrees. now this is a nice feature if you want to re position your pump. but they put a cheazy plug in its spot that could accidently get bumped off; and possibly cause the skimmer to fail.. i will have to modify this at the end of the initial review. i will have to use the second longer hose to ensure the hose doesn't pull itself off. will it actually slide off .. unsure but im not willing to take that chance.

here are pics of all parts while i set it together:

base plate:

pump and pump apart

diffuser plate

body and completed

flow adjustment an air diffuser

continued...

50g custom daycare tank...
http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=65428