Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-13-2018, 07:20 PM

DKoKoMan is on a distinguished road

Well I have been looking at my tank and the plumbing over the weeks. It looks like I might be able to cheat a little on the plumbing by ordering a couple new spears unions. I already have unions in place and should be able to add the small amount of plumbing to the existing half of the union. I will have to replace all 3 bulkheads and a couple short runs when the bottom plate is replaced.

I am just waiting for Dave @ Concept to make up the replacement overflow plate. For anyone on the fence with Concept, I would like to assure you I have received great customer service even after the tank was completed...just saying.

On that note it’s been almost 4 weeks since I moved the tank. I lost a total of 3 Coral Frags, no fish and the parameters have been spot on. The only hands on I have been doing is ensuring my salinity hasn’t dropped to much from the crack in the external overflow. Other then that it’s business as usual. I’m a little annoyed as I found a couple aptasia that I need to get rid of. In my first tank I used to use lemon juice and give them a squirt. I hadn’t had to deal with them for a long time. Is there any new effective methods for removing them? I plan on buying 10 peppermint shrimp to toss into the display. Let me know reefers what works for you in the meantime!

Tags
build, reef tank, salt water aquarium, sps, tank build