Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 12-24-2015, 05:35 PM
Darth Moderator

WarDog will become famous soon enough

Surprisingly, after watching EP VII last night and thinking about it... I have to say I have a much greater appreciation for I -III.
Old 12-24-2015, 05:48 PM
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸. ><(((º>

kien will become famous soon enoughkien will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarDog View Post
Surprisingly, after watching EP VII last night and thinking about it... I have to say I have a much greater appreciation for I -III.
Yes! I actually like episode 2&3. But as you said, I definitely appreciate them more now

I dunno, aside from the obvious recycling, maybe we just miss the Lucas feel of Star Wars. This definitely didn't feel Lucasy, which might be why so many people loved it :-)
Old 12-24-2015, 05:55 PM
Darth Moderator

I think that might be right. It felt like a Star Wars film, just lacking story wise.
Old 12-24-2015, 05:59 PM
Darth Moderator

So, what did we like about the film? I thought the humor was good and not overwhelming. BB8 was pure awesomeness, I was in love with him after only a few minutes. Finn seemed to be an interesting character, looking forward to seeing his development... and Rey was interesting. Seems she has a lot of self discovering to do.
Old 12-24-2015, 06:00 PM
Darth Moderator

Oh... and I though Supreme Leader Snoke was tres cool.

Last edited by WarDog; 12-24-2015 at 11:31 PM.
Old 12-24-2015, 06:17 PM
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸. ><(((º>

kien will become famous soon enoughkien will become famous soon enough

I definitely liked the character department of the film. BB-8, Rey, Fin, I found them all quite interesting and do want to learn more about them. Even Kylo, despite his underlying theme also recycled. He's like some raging unstable teenaged sociopath emo.

I think that's where this movie could have been perfection. If you married the care and attention placed on the characters and their acting with an original story/plot within the Star Wars mythology.

I guess they kinda chickened out and decided to play it safe.

Oh and you can't say a thing against the visuals. They were epic and stunning, even if they were also recycled seriously, another plant destroying super orb weapon?! Really?! LOL
Old 12-24-2015, 07:13 PM
No Cookies

Dearth is on a distinguished road

There were so many references to the original movies that I was thoroughly entertained by it all Especially when they were deciding what to do with Captain Phasma

The special effects where awesome and I don't know if any of you noticed but there were some interesting cameos that I found surprising look at the village, market at Jakku

I found that the new leads were great choices both Rey and Finn were solid Kylo I'm somewhat on the fence with him

Closing the Hans Solo story line not overly struck on the father son thing but at least there is closure to that

Waiting on the Star Wars stand alone that will be coming out in 2016 Rogue One: A Star Wars story and there is works in place for origins story on Hans and Chewie. Also 3 more stand alone so have been announced for the next 4 years my geek meter is rising
Old 12-24-2015, 09:43 PM
Darth Moderator

I think the Rogue One film could be very good, as long as they stay away from known characters, which I'm pretty sure is the plan.

I'm somewhat concerned about the Han Solo film. I just cant seem to see how they can recast Ford. He is that character. Period.