Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Vendor Forums > Aqua Digital > Fauna Marin Star Fire

Old 11-12-2008, 11:52 PM

Aqua-Digital is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb Awsome T5 Pendants By Fauna Marin

We are pleased to provide the first details and pictures of the NEW Fauna Marin T5 Pendants

These will be available in the following

24 -39-54-80wattage

Bulb configuration - 4-10 tubes per unit

Reflectors - single reflector per tube

Available in dimmable and Non dimmable

Interface with GHL ProfiLux aqautic controllers

Active cooling, no more worries about having external cooling fans, the inbuilt fans will react to the lamp temperature and adjust the fan speed accordingly.

Prices to follow as well as detailed sizes.

Expected release date - January 2009.
Old 11-13-2008, 02:12 AM

Canadian is on a distinguished road

Please let me know what the price would be on a 6 and 8 lamp 24" fixture. Also, will there be optional tank brackets available?

More than a year ago Claude told me they were having problems making 24" fixtures and getting approval for sale in Canada. Will these be UL or CSA approved?
SPS Dedicated 24x24x20 Trimless Tank | 20 g Sump | Bubbble King Mini 160 Protein Skimmer w/ Avast Swabbie | NP Biopellets in TLF Phosban Reactor | ATI Sunpower 6 x 24W T5HO Fixture | EcoTech Vortech MP20 | Modified Tunze Nanostream 6025 | Eheim 1260 Return Pump | GHL Profilux Standalone Doser dosing B-Ionic | Steel Frame Epoxy Coated Stand with Maple Panels embedded with Neodymium Magnets

"Mens sana in corpore sano"
Old 11-13-2008, 02:18 AM

All sizes will be available

The units come with approved UL ballasts and electonic components, but in the future we are going further than any other manufacturer and having the Fixtures TUV approved, but as you are most likely aware this is a VERY long process, but we believe important and hopefully in doing so convince other manufacturers of the importance of recognised safety standards.

At present I am personally not aware of one manufacturer going this far. I am proud to want to change this.

Wall brackets - once launched we will look at other accessories that are required.
Old 11-13-2008, 02:31 AM

I posted on RC asking what the expected turn around time is going to be once one of these is ordered. I see on RC you posted that they are completely custom - while this sounds great in theory it will most certainly lead to some rather delayed orders. Consumers aren't interested in waiting months for their product and ReefGeek has recognized this as being the single biggest problem with crushing their sales of ATI Powermoduls - hence the reason Greg at ReefGeek has gone to making his own T5 fixtures.
SPS Dedicated 24x24x20 Trimless Tank | 20 g Sump | Bubbble King Mini 160 Protein Skimmer w/ Avast Swabbie | NP Biopellets in TLF Phosban Reactor | ATI Sunpower 6 x 24W T5HO Fixture | EcoTech Vortech MP20 | Modified Tunze Nanostream 6025 | Eheim 1260 Return Pump | GHL Profilux Standalone Doser dosing B-Ionic | Steel Frame Epoxy Coated Stand with Maple Panels embedded with Neodymium Magnets

Old 11-13-2008, 02:32 AM

You have two options

Standard
and
Custom

If you want a specific colour then just like anything custom yes there will be a wait

BUT the STANDARD full range will always be available.

Custom only applies if you want something different from the marketed range such as glary pink
Old 11-13-2008, 02:36 AM

Trigger Man is on a distinguished road

They are some nice looking T5 systems, I may have to look into changing my Tek lighting system to a 6 bulb unit. One concern however would be the delay time. Any speculation on pricing yet?
Old 11-13-2008, 02:38 AM

Trigger Man is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua-Digital View Post
You have two options

Standard
and
Custom

If you want a specific colour then just like anything custom yes there will be a wait

BUT the STANDARD full range will always be available.

Custom only applies if you want something different from the marketed range such as glary pink
You work quick, already answered my question about delay time, even before I finished writing it.
Old 11-13-2008, 02:39 AM

Pricing this week, i should receive it tomorrow

NON dimmable will be available very soon sorry can not give exact date.

Dimmable - This will come on schedule in january.

GHL interface - 6 weeks
Old 11-13-2008, 02:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigger Man View Post
You work quick, already answered my question about delay time, even before I finished writing it.
Fast worker
Old 11-13-2008, 02:47 AM

You're answering my questions here and on RC at the same time! Well done!

So who in Canada is going to sell these? And will that retailer/those retailers actually stock them or will they simply place orders as customers request them making the turn around time several months as they are shipped from Germany and then have to clear Customs?