Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-27-2010, 06:50 AM

lobsterboy is on a distinguished road
Default 160 gal Teatro aquarium, updated

so the story goes like this,,, Teatro is the restraunt where I work, and we had renovated like 4 years ago, along with this reno we had gotten an aquarium, with sump and chiller to keep lobsters, that was kept in our office downstairs.

I had been asked a few times to do a tropical set up, and had declined the offer. Until a few weeks ago, I really wanted an easy tank to look after, and i do really like alot of the soft corals that are avabile, Toad stools, kenya trees, xenias, are my favs, so i thought it could turn out to be a cool tank, i took the bait. all live stock was removed to the sump and then holding tank, and then my work begun. I did a total of 8hours after service to get it where I wanted it. so this is what i started with.

during the cleaning I found something intresting.... 4 of these bad boys. each were huge and think and mad. I think the longest was 10inches,

so after all that, this was the first pic of the new tank, the sump wasnt done yet, and it was a mess, it was still full in these pics.

and the snails,

ans here is the sump all ready to go

and a fts

so these pics are a few days old, and there have been some improvements, made, the tank is now level, and the styrofoam thats under the tank is painted black, as well the salt creep on the cprnor is taken care of.

The tank has sand, rock, water and salt in it now, along with 5ml zeo bak, 1/2 bottle of stablity, one of my used filer socks, and some grape calurpa in the sump. I think this one is going to move fast. I thought i took pics of this progress, but cant find them, so the next ones will be a super FFWD.

Last edited by lobsterboy; 06-22-2010 at 05:41 AM.